Look KG 461

drdoug

Sep 29, 2004
Hi guys!

Anyone out there riding Look KG 461? My local shop has one of last year's colours on a discount so I wondered if anyone could give me the lowdown on how one rides.

:cool:

drdoug said:
Hi guys!

Anyone out there riding Look KG 461? My local shop has one of last year's colours on a discount so I wondered if anyone could give me the lowdown on how one rides.

:cool:

Wait for someone who actually rides the 461, but I can tell you riding the 381i (predecessor to the 481SL) that LOOK makes absolutely incredible carbon frames. I'm still beside myself with how wonderful it is. Now granted, the 381i is HM carbon and the 461 is HR carbon. I'm inclined to trust LOOK to manufacture to the differences to approximate the stiffness and comfort of their HM line - and they say they do - the 461 is OS tubes and a bit beefier, due to needing more carbon in the weave.

At any rate, for the money, especially if its also now discounted, you might be hard pressed to find a better carbon frame at that range. Dont go just by what I said, as like I say, I havent ridden it. Just thought I'd give you my honest thumbs up about experience with LOOK carbon. I'm not a big guy for my height (a little over 6' and 155-160lbs) but when I started riding it I was more like 170lbs.

Anyone out there tell me which other look Frame is most like the 461? My lbs has no other 461s in, but they have some others I can test ride. If I can get an idea of how the 461 will perform then I am happy to go for it.:p

One thing I can say about the bike, It's one SEXY bike! One of my friends has last years model and he's let me ride it on some of the group rides. I can only say one thing about the way it handles, "BUTTER!"

snyper0311 said:
THe first thing I can say about the bike, It's one SEXY bike! One of my friends has last years model and he's let me ride it on some of the group rides. I can only say one thing about the way it handles, "BUTTER!"
It's not my Orbea, but I wouldn't pass it up for a good price.

By "Butter!" do you mean a good thing, or a stodgy thing? I assume you mean the first by the comment you made on the sexiness of the beast!:eek:

I've been using one for 2 years now : it is equiped with campa neutron wheels campa centaur derailleurs and campa record crank + shifter.
Size is 61.
For the sort of people I am (tall and not light !) this frame is perfect : responsive , comfortable and strong.
Pay attention to the size : LOOK frames are generally "long" frames.
If you don't care a sloping position, it is okay; otherwise take 1 size samller .

Regards.

My new LOOK KG 461 arrived at the weekend, and I love it:D ! It's fast, light, responsive and just wants to go FAAASSSTT. It floats over the road and soaks up the bumps, plus steers beautifully without being jumpy. It's rock steady at high speed too.

For you tech heads, I built it up with Bontrager Race X Lite wheels, Dura Ace 10 speed, Bontrager stem, seat post and bars (all the top spec aluminium ones), plus a Selle Italia Prolink saddle.

If I remember my data stick I'll upload a piccy for you.

:eek:
fveaux said:
I've been using one for 2 years now : it is equiped with campa neutron wheels campa centaur derailleurs and campa record crank + shifter.
Size is 61.
For the sort of people I am (tall and not light !) this frame is perfect : responsive , comfortable and strong.
Pay attention to the size : LOOK frames are generally "long" frames.
If you don't care a sloping position, it is okay; otherwise take 1 size samller .

Regards.