Look or Tacx bottle cage

proto_53

May 27, 2004
Thinking of buying a couple of blingtastic carbon bottle cages for my new bike (LOOK 585). Yeah, I know, pointless waste of money, but I just can't help myself. :eek:

Anyway, anyone got experience of LOOK carbon cages. They look (ho ho) fantastic and are the obvious choice but do they work well? Hold the bottle securely, don't rattle?

I couldn't help but notice that Thor Hushovd's Credit Agricole LOOK 585 was fitted with Tacx Carbon Tao cages. Do you think he knows something we don't?

Opinions please!

proto_53 said:
Thinking of buying a couple of blingtastic carbon bottle cages for my new bike (LOOK 585). Yeah, I know, pointless waste of money, but I just can't help myself. :eek:

Anyway, anyone got experience of LOOK carbon cages. They look (ho ho) fantastic and are the obvious choice but do they work well? Hold the bottle securely, don't rattle?

I couldn't help but notice that Thor Hushovd's Credit Agricole LOOK 585 was fitted with Tacx Carbon Tao cages. Do you think he knows something we don't?

Opinions please!
Hmm. My guess would be that Thor realizes that Tacx is a sponsor of Crédit Agricole.;)

I dunno 'bout those. I put a pair of Zipp CF cages on my bike, and they hold my regular type bottles somethin' fierce. I'm not particularly nice to 'em, and they haven't failed me yet.

The Cinelli Carbon cages look tight(the way its designed, less prone to bottle ejection, etc.).... thats what I'd like to get, someday :)

proto_53 said:

Opinions please!

I have been using the Tao's for a couple of years and they work really well. I did manage to break one through wear and tear, but it took over 2 years of constant use (it was the front cage that gets used the most).

I have a mate who got the look ones, as he has a look bike, and they seem to work well but considering they were 3 times the price for the same weight I would go with the Tao's