Look & other Frames Vs BT ( or why Ben has been kept out of the Aust Team for so long

rooman

New Member
Mar 11, 2005
1,167
Ben wins the kilo, on a LOOK !

A very influential birdy informs that a certain Aust Cycling Official gets a cheque from BT every time they win a medal anywhere!...

Ben told them years ago he couldnt ride a BT, its too short in the back end...major problem... so he's been kept out of the team on purpose by that individual...and its well known...Ben knows it...most of the team know it!

The game is up now...lets see how long the monopoly lasts and we see riders ride on their merits at last...its the rider not the bike...BTs are cool for small riders, but when you get up in size or weight you need a better tracking bike... BT's are not that.
Ben proved it last night...and in the circumstances of such a cold night , it is one of the best kilo times ever ridden!

rooman wrote:
> Ben wins the kilo, on a LOOK !
>
> A very influential birdy informs that a certain Aust Cycling Official
> gets a cheque from BT every time they win a medal anywhere!...
>
> Ben told them years ago he couldnt ride a BT, its too short in the back
> end...major problem... so he's been kept out of the team on purpose by
> that individual...and its well known...Ben knows it...most of the team
> know it!
>
> The game is up now...lets see how long the monopoly lasts and we see
> riders ride on their merits at last...its the rider not the bike...BTs
> are cool for small riders, but when you get up in size or weight you
> need a better tracking bike... BT's are not that.

yah, Sean Eadie's so small too ... And Ryan Bailey, he's a DWARF!

Bleve said:
rooman wrote:
> Ben wins the kilo, on a LOOK !
>
> A very influential birdy informs that a certain Aust Cycling Official
> gets a cheque from BT every time they win a medal anywhere!...
>
> Ben told them years ago he couldnt ride a BT, its too short in the back
> end...major problem... so he's been kept out of the team on purpose by
> that individual...and its well known...Ben knows it...most of the team
> know it!
>
> The game is up now...lets see how long the monopoly lasts and we see
> riders ride on their merits at last...its the rider not the bike...BTs
> are cool for small riders, but when you get up in size or weight you
> need a better tracking bike... BT's are not that.

yah, Sean Eadie's so small too ... And Ryan Bailey, he's a DWARF!
Carl, you just dont get it...Ryan is not a tall guy, in fact he is quite short to medium height...I talked with with him two weeks ago on a flight to Adelaide, he is very different in physical spec to Ben.

Ben has a long back, he cant bend it well, he cant hunch up over the bike, he needs a longer frame, he cant ride a BT...has been telling CA and AIS that for years, but they take umbrage that he wont ride their favourite beasty...

So he , was ostracised, they made things bloody hard for him and he has had to fight all the way, and he is still fighting if you see that tonight they did their best to toss him out of the placings in the keirin too...he is now regarded in cycling circles as an outcast as he wont play their game...you now how it is...buck the boys system and you get crucified for your right mindedness...

I do believe Sean rode a steel bike for huge part of his career and especially at his best...when he moved to CA/AIS's BTs he started to go down hill, apart from getting to the end of his career, he was still suffering from the fame.

I honestly "bleve" BT have done a great snow job on the cycling faithfull in Oz. What Australia has achieved in the world arena is more about the riders in spite of rather than because of BT frames... and I stand by that no matter what you may wish to toss at me.

rooman wrote:

> Carl, you just dont get it...Ryan is not a tall guy, in fact he is
> quite short to medium height...I talked with with him two weeks ago on
> a flight to Adelaide, he is very different in physical spec to Ben.

Ok, John, if this claim is true (and hey, it might be), name names.
If it's true, then you won't get done for it. Truth is a defence to
slander and libel in Victoria. I've heard a number of possible reasons
for why Kersten was kept out of the Athens squad, some of which make
sense (although seem dodgey), but few of which included corruption of
the type you describe. That's a very serious allegation.

If it's not, then cut the bull. All you're doing is flinging dung
around at the moment.

And just a FYI, Bleve is pronounced blev-e, not believe-y, so if you
wish to take the ****, (which I'm all in favour of, I have a very
robust sense of humour) then use it such that it fits.

Bleve said:
rooman wrote:

> Carl, you just dont get it...Ryan is not a tall guy, in fact he is
> quite short to medium height...I talked with with him two weeks ago on
> a flight to Adelaide, he is very different in physical spec to Ben.

Ok, John, if this claim is true (and hey, it might be), name names.
If it's true, then you won't get done for it. Truth is a defence to
slander and libel in Victoria. I've heard a number of possible reasons
for why Kersten was kept out of the Athens squad, some of which make
sense (although seem dodgey), but few of which included corruption of
the type you describe. That's a very serious allegation.

If it's not, then cut the bull. All you're doing is flinging dung
around at the moment.

And just a FYI, Bleve is pronounced blev-e, not believe-y, so if you
wish to take the ****, (which I'm all in favour of, I have a very
robust sense of humour) then use it such that it fits.
Not John, as may well know..., maybe you don't but for the record NOT...and I cant see a hand up my back...hang on ..nope not there!.

You've heard the rumours, if your source was good do you doubt them?. I have absolutely no doubts on my source(s)... and thus being an innocent messenger am happy to be shot, because you'll miss the heart.

Ben will do it in his good time, unless another rider in the Keirin gets over his anger from last night and does it for him. There won't be any fireworks in the near future as the "club" is too closed... just another of those "many" know its going on ...so what's new in sports admin?...it's never been any different...and won't!

and please put an e where ever , I naturally prefer it plural and the middle of the word beer, but it was too good to pass over without the - or ' and was in context after all

have a good one

rooman wrote:

> You've heard the rumours, if your source was good do you doubt them?. I
> have absolutely no doubts on my source(s)... and thus being an innocent
> messenger am happy to be shot, because you'll miss the heart.

I don't believe rumours.

If you can't substantiate the claim,. don't make it. Otherwise, it's
just gossip and innuenendo, and that's the sort of trash one finds in
women's magazines. Surely you're better than that.

Bleve said:
rooman wrote:

> You've heard the rumours, if your source was good do you doubt them?. I
> have absolutely no doubts on my source(s)... and thus being an innocent
> messenger am happy to be shot, because you'll miss the heart.

I don't believe rumours.

If you can't substantiate the claim,. don't make it. Otherwise, it's
just gossip and innuenendo, and that's the sort of trash one finds in
women's magazines. Surely you're better than that.
not a rumour

not a claim

no agenda

I hate this aspect of sport (and cycling) as much as any right minded soul

this is a police matter I will leave it at that

we may see and hear more soon...it may take longer than some may wish and perhaps sooner than others...

in the meantime may our riders ride on merit and the bad apples get sorted sooner the better

On 2006-03-17, Bleve (aka Bruce)

> rooman wrote:
>
>> Carl, you just dont get it...Ryan is not a tall guy, in fact he is
>> quite short to medium height...I talked with with him two weeks ago on
>> a flight to Adelaide, he is very different in physical spec to Ben.

> Ok, John, if this claim is true (and hey, it might be), name names.
> If it's true, then you won't get done for it. Truth is a defence to
> slander and libel in Victoria.

It is? Is that a state law?

I was under the impression that Australia wide, we had the rediculous
situation where truth is *not* defense for libel.

--
TimC
Disclaimer: This post owned by the owner

rooman wrote:

> > If you can't substantiate the claim,. don't make it. Otherwise, it's
> > just gossip and innuenendo, and that's the sort of trash one finds in
> > women's magazines. Surely you're better than that.

> not a rumour
>
> not a claim
>
> no agenda
>
> I hate this aspect of sport (and cycling) as much as any right minded
> soul

Good!

> this is a police matter I will leave it at that

Good. If it is what you're claiming then it's quite possibly a
criminal thing, and a lot bigger than just Ben's issue, and those
responsible should be dealt with appropriatly.

> in the meantime may our riders ride on merit and the bad apples get
> sorted sooner the better

Which is how it should be, yes.

TimC wrote:
> On 2006-03-17, Bleve (aka Bruce)
> >
> > rooman wrote:
> >
> >> Carl, you just dont get it...Ryan is not a tall guy, in fact he is
> >> quite short to medium height...I talked with with him two weeks ago on
> >> a flight to Adelaide, he is very different in physical spec to Ben.

> > Ok, John, if this claim is true (and hey, it might be), name names.
> > If it's true, then you won't get done for it. Truth is a defence to
> > slander and libel in Victoria.

> It is? Is that a state law?

>From memory, in Victoria, yes. In NSW, it also has to be "in the

public interest".

Or maybe it's the other way 'round (NSW is just truth, vic is Truth +
public interest). Either way, I'd say if rooman's story is true, then
he has nothing to worry about by mentioning names. It would help if it
was provable, of course. A corrupt selection process in a government
funded sporting program with a recent history of notoriety is something
that is rather ... newsworthy ... you might say.

> I was under the impression that Australia wide, we had the rediculous
> situation where truth is *not* defense for libel.

It may have changed recently (15 years or so since I read it), but when
we did legal studies at school this was one of the more interesting
things we covered (what is S&L, what's different about it as an example
of state laws differing and commonwealth government authority). I can
check with my old man, he's a barrister and will probably know, or you
can go googling, if you really want to know. It'll be in some of the
state law sites.

Here's a start :

http://www.caslon.com.au/defamationprofile2.htm
http://www.law.unimelb.edu.au/cmcl/publications/def1.pdf

TimC wrote:
> On 2006-03-17, Bleve (aka Bruce)
> >
> > rooman wrote:
> >
> >> Carl, you just dont get it...Ryan is not a tall guy, in fact he is
> >> quite short to medium height...I talked with with him two weeks ago on
> >> a flight to Adelaide, he is very different in physical spec to Ben.

> > Ok, John, if this claim is true (and hey, it might be), name names.
> > If it's true, then you won't get done for it. Truth is a defence to
> > slander and libel in Victoria.

> It is? Is that a state law?
>
> I was under the impression that Australia wide, we had the rediculous
> situation where truth is *not* defense for libel.

Its not, though "in the public interest" can be. That would be a long
bow to draw on this one though. I've been hanging my hat on the
"public interest" argument for years when I've warned people about
investment scammers via my web site, emails and newsgroup postings.

I still get lots of nasty letters from lawyers representing the
scammers though. Bleve reckons I spend too much time researching
bicycles, you should see how much time I spend on trying to persuade
people not to give their money to scammers.

Sadly, the only thing more nasty and menacing than a letter from a
scammer's lawyer is an irate email from a victim before he's figuring
out that he's been scammed. You should see some of the emails I got
from Henry Kaye's alumni, some only a few weeks before his company
collapsed.... the kinds of email you'd get from someone after you've
just insulted their mother/deity, prophet or religious leader/favourite
sports star etc.

Travis

rooman said:
Ben wins the kilo, on a LOOK !

A very influential birdy informs that a certain Aust Cycling Official gets a cheque from BT every time they win a medal anywhere!...

Funny that, couldn't help but notice at Vodaphone on Saturday evening ... BT ... BT ... BT ... BT ... BT ... BT ... BT ... BT ... BT ... BT ... BT ... BT ...

Superb bike and all, but it's kinda sad that's what it takes to succeed.

rooman said:
Ben wins the kilo, on a LOOK !

A very influential birdy informs that a certain Aust Cycling Official gets a cheque from BT every time they win a medal anywhere!...

Ben told them years ago he couldnt ride a BT, its too short in the back end...major problem... so he's been kept out of the team on purpose by that individual...and its well known...Ben knows it...most of the team know it!

The game is up now...lets see how long the monopoly lasts and we see riders ride on their merits at last...its the rider not the bike...BTs are cool for small riders, but when you get up in size or weight you need a better tracking bike... BT's are not that.
Ben proved it last night...and in the circumstances of such a cold night , it is one of the best kilo times ever ridden!

It also wouldn't have anything to do with his apparent inability to ride a straight line would it??? As in:

http://tinyurl.com/nozle

cfsmtb said:
Funny that, couldn't help but notice at Vodaphone on Saturday evening ... BT ... BT ... BT ... BT ... BT ... BT ... BT ... BT ... BT ... BT ... BT ... BT ...

Superb bike and all, but it's kinda sad that's what it takes to succeed.
by succeed, guess you mean its definition in context here is "to get into and to get any support from, the Aust Team and its minders"...so if you don't ride a BT you're an outcast in every way according to officaldom and those who toe their line.

Notice too that Kersten doesnt train in the AIS squad either and he is copping flack for any indiscretion, things that every elite cyclist does on the track at some time, but he is singled out by every one and all. Does this indicate that whatever is going on about the BT influence runs pretty deep?

Funny thing you know, watching the Keirin last Friday night, Ozzies had the chance to go 1,2,3, they were in a good position, Bailey and Kersten were at the back and made their run around the outside, Kelly was boxed in until they came past and Bailey dropped into the sprinters lane, Kersten was drafting and Kelly could have accepted their tow and gone with them, but NO...he sped up next Kersten, they hit pedals, Kersten was flying faster and moved ahead and was drafting Bailey as they both dropped into the sprinters lane, Kelly then claimed he was checked and immediately stopped racing, and was complaining to the commissaire on the back straight before the race was over, and kept doing it right up till the results were withheld...Where was the team spirt there?, where was the Coach who should have been saying, "you have the numbers, you can go 123, so work as a team, support each other, cover, draft and combine...you can do it...no I reckon it was more Coach to Bailey and Kelley.."OK Kersten is going to give this a shot, you have to knock him off cause him to foul up or drag him into some one else...he cant get another medal...if he looks like it, make him crash or drag him into a default position...."
I watched the Aussies before the race and the team Coach didnt say a word to Kersten, Ben would have been better off to go talk to Sutton and ride tactics with another team.

a pox on it....

rooman said:
by succeed, guess you mean its definition in context here is "to get into and to get any support from, the Aust Team and its minders"...so if you don't ride a BT you're an outcast in every way according to officaldom and those who toe their line.

/hacksaw/

sigh... and that is why I will never make the Aust women's team.... I refuse to ride one of their Huffys...they just don't match my hair :( :(