look out majorca...

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mark Parsons, Feb 3, 2003.

  1. Mark Parsons

    Mark Parsons Guest

    well i've booked my flight for mid feb, just need somewhere to stay now!!! perhaps the large bike
    box i'm taking will provide adequate room once the bike is removed (it has nice padding as
    well...mmm comfy :)

    whats the law in spain/majorca with regards helmets? if it is compulsory is it upheld?

    AND NO HELMET WARS PLEASE!!!

    mark

    Tags:

  2. "mark parsons" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA648068.2B4A6%

    > whats the law in spain/majorca with regards helmets? if it is compulsory
    is
    > it upheld?

    Haven't a clue what the law is, but it seemed optional when I was over there - I don't think
    it's upheld.

  3. Terry

    Terry Guest

    mark parsons wrote:
    > well i've booked my flight for mid feb, just need somewhere to stay now!!! perhaps the large bike
    > box i'm taking will provide adequate room once the bike is removed (it has nice padding as
    > well...mmm comfy :)
    >
    > whats the law in spain/majorca with regards helmets? if it is compulsory is it upheld?
    >
    > AND NO HELMET WARS PLEASE!!!
    >
    > mark

    Who did you book with, I've been looking around and not having much joy?

  4. Jane

    Jane Guest

    I did a tour in Spain a couple of years back. I took a helmet as I couldn't find any info on the
    law. It remained firmly strapped to the handlebars. I didn't see anyone wearing one over there.(It's
    too hot) We had no trouble from the rozzers and a wonderful time was had by all.

    Have a great trip Dave

    "mark parsons" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA648068.2B4A6%[email protected]...
    > well i've booked my flight for mid feb, just need somewhere to stay now!!! perhaps the large bike
    > box i'm taking will provide adequate room once the bike is removed (it has nice padding as
    > well...mmm comfy :)
    >
    > whats the law in spain/majorca with regards helmets? if it is compulsory
    is
    > it upheld?
    >
    > AND NO HELMET WARS PLEASE!!!
    >
    > mark

  5. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    "jane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:RNE%[email protected]...
    > I did a tour in Spain a couple of years back. I took a helmet as I
    couldn't
    > find any info on the law. It remained firmly strapped to the handlebars.
    > didn't see anyone wearing one over there.(It's too hot) We had no trouble from the rozzers and a
    > wonderful time was had by all.

    And your handlebars remained perfectly unhurt -- proving conclusively the beneficial effects of a
    h*lm*t :))))))))))))))))))))))

  6. Arthur Clune

    Arthur Clune Guest

    mark parsons <[email protected]> wrote:

    : whats the law in spain/majorca with regards helmets? if it is compulsory is it upheld?

    It's required outside towns, with an exception for long mountain climbs.

    It's also widly ignored.

    The main problem would be if you had a crash - not wearing a helmet would count against you.

    Personally last time I was there I wore a helmet when it was < 25C and not when it was above. Even
    then the helmet spent a lot of time wrapped to the bars on the climbs

    Arthur

    Lord Lester