look out majorca...

Mark Parsons

Guest
well i've booked my flight for mid feb, just need somewhere to stay now!!! perhaps the large bike
box i'm taking will provide adequate room once the bike is removed (it has nice padding as
well...mmm comfy :)

whats the law in spain/majorca with regards helmets? if it is compulsory is it upheld?

AND NO HELMET WARS PLEASE!!!

mark

"mark parsons" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA648068.2B4A6%

> whats the law in spain/majorca with regards helmets? if it is compulsory
is
> it upheld?

Haven't a clue what the law is, but it seemed optional when I was over there - I don't think
it's upheld.

mark parsons wrote:
> well i've booked my flight for mid feb, just need somewhere to stay now!!! perhaps the large bike
> box i'm taking will provide adequate room once the bike is removed (it has nice padding as
> well...mmm comfy :)
>
> whats the law in spain/majorca with regards helmets? if it is compulsory is it upheld?
>
> AND NO HELMET WARS PLEASE!!!
>
> mark

Who did you book with, I've been looking around and not having much joy?

I did a tour in Spain a couple of years back. I took a helmet as I couldn't find any info on the
law. It remained firmly strapped to the handlebars. I didn't see anyone wearing one over there.(It's
too hot) We had no trouble from the rozzers and a wonderful time was had by all.

Have a great trip Dave

"mark parsons" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BA648068.2B4A6%[email protected]...
> well i've booked my flight for mid feb, just need somewhere to stay now!!! perhaps the large bike
> box i'm taking will provide adequate room once the bike is removed (it has nice padding as
> well...mmm comfy :)
>
> whats the law in spain/majorca with regards helmets? if it is compulsory
is
> it upheld?
>
> AND NO HELMET WARS PLEASE!!!
>
> mark

"jane" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:RNE%[email protected]...
> I did a tour in Spain a couple of years back. I took a helmet as I
couldn't
> find any info on the law. It remained firmly strapped to the handlebars.
> didn't see anyone wearing one over there.(It's too hot) We had no trouble from the rozzers and a
> wonderful time was had by all.

And your handlebars remained perfectly unhurt -- proving conclusively the beneficial effects of a

mark parsons <[email protected]> wrote:

: whats the law in spain/majorca with regards helmets? if it is compulsory is it upheld?

It's required outside towns, with an exception for long mountain climbs.

It's also widly ignored.

The main problem would be if you had a crash - not wearing a helmet would count against you.

Personally last time I was there I wore a helmet when it was < 25C and not when it was above. Even
then the helmet spent a lot of time wrapped to the bars on the climbs

Arthur

Lord Lester