Look out Peter Fagerlin here I come



T

Trentus

Guest
All those times I've enviously heard people comment here on your videos. All those times I've wished
I could look at them for myself. All those times I've wished I had the sort of connection that would
suck down your 20-30meg videos. All those times - well once or twice - that I've succumbed and given
the computer the WHOLE DAMNED NIGHTwhole night to pull down one single video that I just couldn't
resist taking a look at.

All those times - well All those times - THEY ARE OVER!!!!!

I've queued up a whole pile of them to suck down one after the other, because I finally joined those
lucky son's of guns that have broadband ! ! !
! ! ! ! !
(Just a 512/128 at the moment, but soon to be 1500/512, but even the 512/128 is a hell of a lot
better than the old 56k dial-up)

The aweebito one just pulled down in under 15 minutes, and that's sucking it all the way here to
Australia.

Now to go start watching them at last.

You never know, it just might get me out of my 4WD and back onto the dust covered mountain bike, and
that aint trail dust I'm talking about, that's the "not-been-used-in-almost-a-year" type dust that
I'm almost ashamed to admit to.

Trentus
 
R

Ride-A-Lot

Guest
Trentus wrote:
> All those times I've enviously heard people comment here on your videos. All those times I've
> wished I could look at them for myself. All those times I've wished I had the sort of connection
> that would suck down your 20-30meg videos. All those times - well once or twice - that I've
> succumbed and given the computer the WHOLE DAMNED NIGHTwhole night to pull down one single video
> that I just couldn't resist taking a look at.
>
> All those times - well All those times - THEY ARE OVER!!!!!
>
> I've queued up a whole pile of them to suck down one after the other, because I finally joined
> those lucky son's of guns that have broadband ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! (Just a 512/128 at the moment, but
> soon to be 1500/512, but even the
> 512/128 is a hell of a lot better than the old 56k dial-up)
>
> The aweebito one just pulled down in under 15 minutes, and that's sucking it all the way here to
> Australia.
>
> Now to go start watching them at last.
>
> You never know, it just might get me out of my 4WD and back onto the dust covered mountain bike,
> and that aint trail dust I'm talking about, that's the "not-been-used-in-almost-a-year" type dust
> that I'm almost ashamed to admit to.
>
> Trentus

You Aussies make me laugh! I thought Uncle Rupert (Murdock) owned everything in that country. You
mean he wouldn't give you high speed Internet? He owns the cable TV system and wouldn't let you
connect? Oh well, you're finally off that Ozemail ****. Welcome to the real world!

I used to work for GoodmanFielder (meadow lea, uncle tobys, wonder, etc.) here in the States. Having
to deal with the I/T folks across the pond was always an experience. They used to tell me the horror
stories of paying US$4000 a month for a 128 KB ISDN connection. How much is your DSL?
 
F

Fred Fragger

Guest
"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected][nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
>
> Trentus wrote:
> > All those times I've enviously heard people comment here on your videos. All those times I've
> > wished I could look at them for myself. All those times I've wished I had the sort of connection
> > that would suck down your 20-30meg videos. All those times - well once or twice - that I've
> > succumbed and given the computer the WHOLE DAMNED NIGHTwhole night to pull down one single video
> > that I just couldn't resist taking a look at.
> >
> > All those times - well All those times - THEY ARE OVER!!!!!
> >
> > I've queued up a whole pile of them to suck down one after the other, because I finally joined
> > those lucky son's of guns that have broadband ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! (Just a 512/128 at the moment, but
> > soon to be 1500/512, but even the
> > 512/128 is a hell of a lot better than the old 56k dial-up)
> >
> > The aweebito one just pulled down in under 15 minutes, and that's sucking it all the way here to
> > Australia.
> >
> > Now to go start watching them at last.
> >
> > You never know, it just might get me out of my 4WD and back onto the dust covered mountain bike,
> > and that aint trail dust I'm talking about, that's the "not-been-used-in-almost-a-year" type
> > dust that I'm almost ashamed to admit to.
> >
> > Trentus
>
> You Aussies make me laugh! I thought Uncle Rupert (Murdock) owned everything in that country. You
> mean he wouldn't give you high speed Internet? He owns the cable TV system and wouldn't let you
> connect? Oh well, you're finally off that Ozemail ****. Welcome to the real world!
>
> I used to work for GoodmanFielder (meadow lea, uncle tobys, wonder, etc.) here in the States.
> Having to deal with the I/T folks across the pond was always an experience. They used to tell me
> the horror stories of paying US$4000 a month for a 128 KB ISDN connection. How much is your DSL?
>
>
Uncle Rupert has his finger in so many media pies here in the UK he must be one fat git!

I think I pay 35 quid - 63 USD* per month for 1mb (256k up)

* I didn't realise how good (for Brits on holiday) the exchange rate is at the moment!

Later

Fred
 
T

Trentus

Guest
"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected][nospam]schnauzers.ws> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I used to work for GoodmanFielder (meadow lea, uncle tobys, wonder, etc.) here in the States.
> Having to deal with the I/T folks across the pond was always an experience. They used to tell me
> the horror stories of paying US$4000 a month for a 128 KB ISDN connection. How much is your DSL?

I'm only on a 512/128 plan. Shaped to 128 meaning if I exceed my 10gig download limit in a month
that I get slowed to 128. That 10gig doesn't include anything that is mirrored or kept locally by
the ISP, or any online gaming that is run on their own servers, those things don't get metered. So
despite 750Meg downloading the BF 1942 and Desert Combat patches, about 60 meg of Windows Updates,
and many hours of gaming, I've only managed to clock up 49meg of metered usage over 2 weeks, so how
the hell I will ever use 10 Gig is beyond me. For that plan I pay $A60 per month, and $99 for a
1500/512 plan. That's probably way dearer than any US plan, but things is a changing here in Aus.
Telstra had a monopoly on ISDN/ADSL for years, and seemed to believe that it would be better to have
a dozen or so businesses paying $4000 a month, than a few million people paying $60 a month. Once
Telstra got the monopoly kicked out of them, and other players arrived, it didn't take long to
improve. Especially once cable TV started offering cable internet, because all customers would soon
just go there and they'd have no high-speed net clients. However it won't ever get really
competitive because Telstra own most of, if not damn near all, the infrastructure (all the millions
of phone lines etc throughout the country) and their competitors have to pay Telstra for the use of
it, so we won't ever really get great competition, cause they can undercut the competition. At least
this is all the way I see and understand the situation, I may well be very wrong, it won't be the
first time (I thought I was wrong once before, but I was mistaken)

Trentus
 
P

P e t e F a g e

Guest
On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 20:46:51 +1100, "Trentus"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>All those times I've enviously heard people comment here on your videos. All those times I've
>wished I could look at them for myself. All those times I've wished I had the sort of connection
>that would suck down your 20-30meg videos. All those times - well once or twice - that I've
>succumbed and given the computer the WHOLE DAMNED NIGHTwhole night to pull down one single video
>that I just couldn't resist taking a look at.
>
>All those times - well All those times - THEY ARE OVER!!!!!
>
>I've queued up a whole pile of them to suck down one after the other, because I finally joined
>those lucky son's of guns that have broadband ! ! !
>! ! ! ! !

I guess it's a bit late to prevent access from all Au IPs.
 
W

Westie

Guest
Hi Trentus. I thought we'd lost you for good.

>I've only managed to clock up 49meg of metered usage over 2 weeks, so how the hell I will ever use
>10 Gig is beyond me.

I'm sure you'll manage once you start discovering all those other highbandwith sites that you didn't
even knew existed.Don't listen to those foreign radio stations at 128kbps while you work either!
They'll use that 10GB really quickly.

I'm paying NZD$49 for _1_GB a month 256K connection with a 20cents/MB penalty once I exceed the
1000M. That's the best deal you can get over this side of the ditch. So much for being the country
that has the higest proportion of internet connections per head of population.
--
Westie
 
T

Trentus

Guest
"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I guess it's a bit late to prevent access from all Au IPs.

Yep, it is. I've already sucked them all the way across the Atlantic (or Pacific depending on
which direction I was sucking) and am now enjoying them heaps. And yes, I am dusting off the bike
to get back out there again, they've inspired me (also the ridiculous temperatures Australia gets
in summer, are on their way out again as Autumn approaches and makes riding up mountains less
dangerous to one's health.)

Trentus
 
G

GeeDubb

Guest
Trentus wrote:
> "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> I guess it's a bit late to prevent access from all Au IPs.
>
> Yep, it is. I've already sucked them all the way across the Atlantic (or Pacific depending on
> which direction I was sucking) and am now enjoying them heaps. And yes, I am dusting off the
> bike to get back out there again, they've inspired me (also the ridiculous temperatures
> Australia gets in summer, are on their way out again as Autumn approaches and makes riding up
> mountains less dangerous to one's health.)
>
> Trentus

Nothing better than hitting the climbs when it's 115°F (46°C). No hikers to worry about either!

Gary (but it's a dry heat......)
 
C

Chris Phillipo

Guest
In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> Hi Trentus. I thought we'd lost you for good.
>
> >I've only managed to clock up 49meg of metered usage over 2 weeks, so how the hell I will ever
> >use 10 Gig is beyond me.
>
> I'm sure you'll manage once you start discovering all those other highbandwith sites that you
> didn't even knew existed.Don't listen to those foreign radio stations at 128kbps while you work
> either! They'll use that 10GB really quickly.
>
> I'm paying NZD$49 for _1_GB a month 256K connection with a 20cents/MB penalty once I exceed the
> 1000M. That's the best deal you can get over this side of the ditch. So much for being the country
> that has the higest proportion of internet connections per head of population.
> --
> Westie
>
>
>

Wow that's pretty harsh, I suppose the people that own ISPs there ar the Richard Branson and Donald
Trump of your land.
--
_________________________
Chris Phillipo - Cape Breton, Nova Scotia http://www.ramsays-online.com
 
G

G.T.

Guest
"GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Trentus wrote:
> > "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> I guess it's a bit late to prevent access from all Au IPs.
> >
> > Yep, it is. I've already sucked them all the way across the Atlantic (or Pacific depending on
> > which direction I was sucking) and am now enjoying them heaps. And yes, I am dusting off the
> > bike to get back out there again, they've inspired me (also the ridiculous temperatures
> > Australia gets in summer, are on their way out again as Autumn approaches and makes riding up
> > mountains less dangerous to one's health.)
> >
> > Trentus
>
> Nothing better than hitting the climbs when it's 115°F (46°C). No hikers to worry about either!
>

ride where I can keep moving at a decent speed.

Greg
 
G

GeeDubb

Guest
G.T. wrote: snip
>>
>> Nothing better than hitting the climbs when it's 115°F (46°C). No hikers to worry about either!
>>
>

> be a ride where I can keep moving at a decent speed.
>
> Greg

Light weight! <g>

But then I was raised in the desert. If I only rode when it was below 102 then I wouldn't get to
ride much in the summer when the low temp for the day is in the low 90's.

It separates the men from the......masochists!

Gary(no frostbite for me)
 

Similar threads