Look Pedals Question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Chluu907, Jun 19, 2003.

  1. Chluu907

    Chluu907 Guest

    Hi:

    Do all the look pedals have 9 degrees of float? Some of the pedals such as the PP396, CX6-7 and
    A5.1. have adjustable float but do the non adjustable pedals
    (A3.1, PP357) have as much float as well?

    Thanks, Claude

    Tags:

  2. Mike Krueger

    Mike Krueger Guest

    << Do all the look pedals have 9 degrees of float? Some of the pedals such as the PP396, CX6-7 and
    A5.1. have adjustable float but do the non adjustable pedals
    (A3.1, PP357) have as much float as well? >>

    Yes. The float is in the (red) cleats. The float adjustment doesn't really work all that well
    anyway. Another factor to consider is that the pedals with the float adjustment also have higher
    release tension. Good if you are a big, strong rider, maybe not so good if you are a novice.

  3. AFAIK, none of the Look pedals have adjustable float. Adjustable tension on most, adjustable
    q-factor on some, and adjustable tilt on the CX-7. The Look float is set by the cleat design. Used
    with red cleats, all will have the same float.

  4. MidBunchLurker

    MidBunchLurker New Member

    Joined:
    May 2, 2003
    My PP397s definitely have float adjustment! the yellow dial on the back gives me 0,3,6 or 9 degrees with red cleats.

  5. Harris

    Harris Guest

    Chluu907 <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Do all the look pedals have 9 degrees of float? Some of the pedals such as the PP396, CX6-7 and
    > A5.1. have adjustable float but do the non adjustable pedals
    > (A3.1, PP357) have as much float as well?

    PP357 and most others have float if you use the red Look cleats.

    Art Harris

  6. Jay Beattie

    Jay Beattie Guest

    "Extreme Loser" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > AFAIK, none of the Look pedals have adjustable float. Adjustable tension on most, adjustable
    > q-factor on some, and adjustable tilt on the CX-7. The Look float is set by the cleat design. Used
    > with red cleats, all will have the same float.

    Not true -- several of the models have adjustable float, accomplished with a dial at the back of the
    pedal which operates a wedge which projects into the notch in the back of the cleat. -- Jay Beattie.

  7. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Chluu907 wrote:
    > Do all the look pedals have 9 degrees of float? Some of the pedals such as the PP396, CX6-7 and
    > A5.1. have adjustable float but do the non adjustable pedals (A3.1, PP357) have as much float
    > as well?

    Yes - according to www.lookcyclesusa.com/pedals.htm - "The Red Delta Cleats allow for 9 degrees
    of float in all non Free Arc pedals, and can adjust from 0, to 3, 6, or 9 degrees on all Free
    Arc pedals"

    Before looking this up today, I was under the misapprehension that red cleats only provided 6 to 7
    degrees with non adjustable pedals. Sorry for previously posting incorrect information.

    ~PB

  8. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Harris wrote:

    >> Do all the look pedals have 9 degrees of float? Some of the pedals such as the PP396, CX6-7 and
    >> A5.1. have adjustable float but do the non adjustable pedals (A3.1, PP357) have as much float
    >> as well?
    >
    > PP357 and most others have float if you use the red Look cleats.

    Claud is asking how _much_ float. Anyone think Look USA is wrong or are we all agreed on 9 degrees?

    ~PB

  9. Steve-<< AFAIK, none of the Look pedals have adjustable float. >><BR><BR>

    All the higher end LOOK pedals, with the knob on the back, can adjujst float from 0 to 9 degrees(0,
    3, 6, 9), by having a little plate that sits against the back of the cleat, move in and out.