Look Pedals Question

Chluu907

Guest
Hi:

Do all the look pedals have 9 degrees of float? Some of the pedals such as the PP396, CX6-7 and
A5.1. have adjustable float but do the non adjustable pedals
(A3.1, PP357) have as much float as well?

Thanks, Claude

<< Do all the look pedals have 9 degrees of float? Some of the pedals such as the PP396, CX6-7 and
A5.1. have adjustable float but do the non adjustable pedals
(A3.1, PP357) have as much float as well? >>

Yes. The float is in the (red) cleats. The float adjustment doesn't really work all that well
anyway. Another factor to consider is that the pedals with the float adjustment also have higher
release tension. Good if you are a big, strong rider, maybe not so good if you are a novice.

AFAIK, none of the Look pedals have adjustable float. Adjustable tension on most, adjustable
q-factor on some, and adjustable tilt on the CX-7. The Look float is set by the cleat design. Used
with red cleats, all will have the same float.

Originally posted by Chluu907
Hi:

Do all the look pedals have 9 degrees of float? Some of the pedals such as the PP396, CX6-7 and
A5.1. have adjustable float but do the non adjustable pedals
(A3.1, PP357) have as much float as well?

Thanks, Claude

My PP397s definitely have float adjustment! the yellow dial on the back gives me 0,3,6 or 9 degrees with red cleats.

Chluu907 <[email protected]> wrote:

> Do all the look pedals have 9 degrees of float? Some of the pedals such as the PP396, CX6-7 and
> A5.1. have adjustable float but do the non adjustable pedals
> (A3.1, PP357) have as much float as well?

PP357 and most others have float if you use the red Look cleats.

Art Harris

"Extreme Loser" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> AFAIK, none of the Look pedals have adjustable float. Adjustable tension on most, adjustable
> q-factor on some, and adjustable tilt on the CX-7. The Look float is set by the cleat design. Used
> with red cleats, all will have the same float.

Not true -- several of the models have adjustable float, accomplished with a dial at the back of the
pedal which operates a wedge which projects into the notch in the back of the cleat. -- Jay Beattie.

Chluu907 wrote:
> Do all the look pedals have 9 degrees of float? Some of the pedals such as the PP396, CX6-7 and
> A5.1. have adjustable float but do the non adjustable pedals (A3.1, PP357) have as much float
> as well?

Yes - according to www.lookcyclesusa.com/pedals.htm - "The Red Delta Cleats allow for 9 degrees
of float in all non Free Arc pedals, and can adjust from 0, to 3, 6, or 9 degrees on all Free
Arc pedals"

Before looking this up today, I was under the misapprehension that red cleats only provided 6 to 7
degrees with non adjustable pedals. Sorry for previously posting incorrect information.

~PB

Harris wrote:

>> Do all the look pedals have 9 degrees of float? Some of the pedals such as the PP396, CX6-7 and
>> A5.1. have adjustable float but do the non adjustable pedals (A3.1, PP357) have as much float
>> as well?
>
> PP357 and most others have float if you use the red Look cleats.

Claud is asking how _much_ float. Anyone think Look USA is wrong or are we all agreed on 9 degrees?

~PB

Steve-<< AFAIK, none of the Look pedals have adjustable float. >><BR><BR>

All the higher end LOOK pedals, with the knob on the back, can adjujst float from 0 to 9 degrees(0,
3, 6, 9), by having a little plate that sits against the back of the cleat, move in and out.