Look PP396

Paul Westall

Guest
Any experience with these pedals? Also, what pedals are others on this group using? Any
recommendations or warnings about specific pedals. Paul

Paul-<< Any experience with these pedals? Also, what pedals are others on this group using? Any
recommendations or warnings about specific pedals. >><BR><BR>

Put three poeple in a room and ask about pedals, get four opinions.. Look started it all, clipless
wise, great pedal, works well. The 396 is identical to the lower end ones but with the ability to
dial in float amount(yellow knob in back).. I use Speedplay Zeros, also worth a 'look'.

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote:
> Put three poeple in a room and ask about pedals, get four opinions.. Look started it all, clipless
> wise, great pedal, works well. The 396 is identical to the lower end ones but with the ability to
> dial in float amount(yellow knob in back)..

One other difference: The PP396 has significantly higher release tension than the PP357 and other
models. That can be good or bad depending on your preference.

See: http://www.racycles.com/eq/catalog/look_pp396_1348208.htm

http://www.racycles.com/eq/catalog/look_pp357_1348207.htm

Art Harris

Have been using them for a year now. Great pedals, especially at their "new", discounted prices
(came down to about $95 from $200. I like Look's broad pedal base - lots of stability, but
sacrificed clearance in turns. I am a fairly big rider, so the increased release tension does not
bother me at all, but if you are smaller, you may have some problems, even if these are only in the
area of ease of release (comfort)...

Jan

news:[email protected]...

On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:59:26 GMT, "Paul Westall" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Any experience with these pedals? Also, what pedals are others on this group using? Any
>recommendations or warnings about specific pedals. Paul

I bought some and they have functioned very fine up to now, but I admit that I was also a bit
concerned about some of the reviews that spoke of spindles suddenly breaking on them. I figure that
you have read the appropriate reviews, but if not:

http://www.roadbikereview.com/PRD_97408_2503crx.aspx

- --
Anthony