Look PP396

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Paul Westall, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. Paul Westall

    Paul Westall Guest

    Any experience with these pedals? Also, what pedals are others on this group using? Any
    recommendations or warnings about specific pedals. Paul

    Tags:

  2. Paul-<< Any experience with these pedals? Also, what pedals are others on this group using? Any
    recommendations or warnings about specific pedals. >><BR><BR>

    Put three poeple in a room and ask about pedals, get four opinions.. Look started it all, clipless
    wise, great pedal, works well. The 396 is identical to the lower end ones but with the ability to
    dial in float amount(yellow knob in back).. I use Speedplay Zeros, also worth a 'look'.

  3. Harris

    Harris Guest

    "Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote:
    > Put three poeple in a room and ask about pedals, get four opinions.. Look started it all, clipless
    > wise, great pedal, works well. The 396 is identical to the lower end ones but with the ability to
    > dial in float amount(yellow knob in back)..

    One other difference: The PP396 has significantly higher release tension than the PP357 and other
    models. That can be good or bad depending on your preference.

    See: http://www.racycles.com/eq/catalog/look_pp396_1348208.htm

    http://www.racycles.com/eq/catalog/look_pp357_1348207.htm

    Art Harris

  4. Have been using them for a year now. Great pedals, especially at their "new", discounted prices
    (came down to about $95 from $200. I like Look's broad pedal base - lots of stability, but
    sacrificed clearance in turns. I am a fairly big rider, so the increased release tension does not
    bother me at all, but if you are smaller, you may have some problems, even if these are only in the
    area of ease of release (comfort)...

    Jan

    news:2KrLa.3807$4J6.3132[email protected]...

  5. On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:59:26 GMT, "Paul Westall" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Any experience with these pedals? Also, what pedals are others on this group using? Any
    >recommendations or warnings about specific pedals. Paul

    I bought some and they have functioned very fine up to now, but I admit that I was also a bit
    concerned about some of the reviews that spoke of spindles suddenly breaking on them. I figure that
    you have read the appropriate reviews, but if not:

    http://www.roadbikereview.com/PRD_97408_2503crx.aspx

    - --
    Anthony