Lookin for L4 music

tdl123321

Mar 26, 2006
Anybody have any tunes they would reccomend for those tough L4 minutes. I know people have much different taste, but I thought I would poll the group for suggestions. It seems a good song or beat distracts my mind and allows my body to find a more comfortable breathing rhythm.

tdl123321 said:
Anybody have any tunes they would reccomend for those tough L4 minutes. I know people have much different taste, but I thought I would poll the group for suggestions. It seems a good song or beat distracts my mind and allows my body to find a more comfortable breathing rhythm.
There was a thread about this recently, and it seems that Trance is the way to go. I now have some 100 trance tracks. If you want more info PM me. Tyson;)

For L4, I tend to like really loud metal music. It just puts me in the mood to suffer. Lately, I've been listening to this (http://www.chronixradio.com/ *) and sometimes putting on cycling videos for visual distraction. Also, anything with strong drumbeats really helps. Yesterday, it was the first two albums from The Police. 'Peanuts' is such a great tune.

For L1-L3, I like trance, old-skool techo, stuff like that. Just kind of goes with the flow of spinning.

*I like Chronix Aggression but Chronix Metal can be good too

Streaming trance is free but if I was going to buy a CD this is the one I would get I rated 10 out of fifteen of the songs not sure if I even heard the other five.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Trance-Vol-Various-Artists/dp/B00016XNE8

tdl123321 said:

I listen to Audioslave. It works for me if I pick the right songs.

GIH said:
I listen to Audioslave. It works for me if I pick the right songs.
I do 2x20s to www.di.fm. They have more variety than my limited cd collection. Golden Earring's Twilight Zone has a pretty good beat. Ozzie's Crazy Train too. Or any Metallica. My music tastes vary...

di.fm and go to trace, progressive...sometimes Goa

Rammstein is good too! Dark, Guttural German....enter the battle... I feel like one of those Roman soldiers in the beginning of "Gladiator" battle scene....INTENSE!

Chanting>>> MAXIMUS....MAXIMUS....MAXIMUS

Play it loud on good speakers!!! **** if I like it 44 then almost everyone should! But then again most of the band members are in their 40's he he he.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz0pIg3PBT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejRgZkQ9kbA

for my first post, I will recommend bands from my latest playlist called "LT", mostly thrash and punk, with old school hardcore: NOFX, Pennywise, Minor Threat, Guttermouth, you get the idea

Myself I have a playlist in my iPod called: Hard'n'Fast.

I put anything in there that has a good fast beat - anything from 70-80's Big Hair Metal, to Modern Metal, Hard Rock to Dance, Hip Hop, Trance, Techno etc. If I hear a song that is fast and has a great beat then it gets the thumbs up!

tdl123321 said:

Afro-Celt Sound system. My son also recently turned me on to Crystal Method. It's gotta groove.

I like Trance for L4. If I want to go any higher, I have to go metal though. More obscure stuff. I like the new Legion of the Damned, the new Dew Scented, Melechesh, Slayer (Angel of Death anyone...oh yes, I feel L7 coming on), Darkane, Kataklysm, Martyr, etc.

I'm diggin' The Pixies lately. As for visuals, I watch white water kayaking dvds.

tdl123321 said:
Someone recommended the soundtrack to the movie 'Run Lola Run'. I bought that & like it alot, techno style, I guess. I also like the Chemical Brothers & The Crystal Method. Good, driving rythmns.

tdl123321 said:

Dude,

Hard call.... I'd have to say I'd go with a lil' Yanni, maybe if I was going for the hard core I'd do a little Celine Dion or Enya...

Oh ****... that's right that's all meditation music (or torture with Celine)

Go to the Nine Inch Nails.... Foreign music helps too if you've got some understanding of it it. You're sitting there about to toss your lunch at L4 on a trainer for 30 minutes (partially from exertion, partially from boredom) and you have to sit there and watch watts while trying to figure out what the heck the chick singing is saying... Think mexican radio...

FAVE's

Prodigy- Breathe, Tool-The pot, Prodigy-Voodoo People, Refused- New Noise, Mindless Self Indulgence- Bring the pain & Stupid MotherF()CK3R, Les Rhythms Digitales- jacques your body, Gunther- Ding Ding dong song, Darude- sandstorm & Feel the beat, Daft punk-Aerodynamic, Bubbles- bidibodi bidibu, Bomfunk mc's- Freestyler, 30 Secs. To Mars- Attack & The Kill, 3 days grace- I hate everything about you.
Download those babies and listen to them LOUD.

My favourites are prodigy-breathe, daft punk-aerodynamic & the MSI songs. I just pick 4 of the above songs (or others) and you have about 20mins of pain music