Lookin g for production steel frame w long head tube

Alan

Guest
I am looking for a 57 c to c frame (probably steel) with a 19 cm long
head tube and sloping top tube for a second bike. Anyone have ideas
about frames that may work? I have looked at Soma and Surly but their
head tubes are not long enough as I would have over 30 mm of spacers
on the fork to get the handlebars to the correct height. I could go
custom as I have done before but I'd rather not. Something similar to
Trek Pilot or Specialized Roubaix geometry in steel would work great.

Thanks,

Alan

What about a Hewitt Cheviott and a 45 degree stem.
Works for me.

On Oct 24, 2:49 pm, Alan <[email protected]> wrote:
> I am looking for a 57 c to c frame (probably steel) with a 19 cm long
> head tube and sloping top tube for a second bike. Anyone have ideas
> about frames that may work? I have looked at Soma and Surly but their
> head tubes are not long enough as I would have over 30 mm of spacers
> on the fork to get the handlebars to the correct height. I could go
> custom as I have done before but I'd rather not. Something similar to
> Trek Pilot or Specialized Roubaix geometry in steel would work great.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alan

http://www.gunnarbikes.com and have them make it with a longer
headtube...

On Oct 24, 1:49 pm, Alan <[email protected]> wrote:
> I am looking for a 57 c to c frame (probably steel) with a 19 cm long
> head tube and sloping top tube for a second bike. Anyone have ideas
> about frames that may work? I have looked at Soma and Surly but their
> head tubes are not long enough as I would have over 30 mm of spacers
> on the fork to get the handlebars to the correct height. I could go
> custom as I have done before but I'd rather not. Something similar to
> Trek Pilot or Specialized Roubaix geometry in steel would work great.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alan

My husband has a Soma with over 30mm of spacers on the fork. The
carbon fork they recommend (IRD Mosaic) does not have a carbon
steerer, so it's okay. I think they also recommend a steel fork
model, so you could go that way, too.

Jenn