Looking at a Vision R64???

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by dustinm, Jul 4, 2004.

1. dustinm

dustinm New Member

Hi, I currently have a EZ Sport Limited and I'm looking to upgrade to a more hi performance recumbent. I was at my LBS yesterday and they have a Dual 650c wheel Vision r64 on clearance for $1495. They said they are trying to get rid of them since they are out of business so the sales guy said I could probably get it even cheaper if I made an offer.

I've been looking at the 650c Volae bikes but now that I have seen the Vision I really like it. I have not test road it yet, but plan to take it on a good ride this Wed. The bike fits me really well and I like the adjustable handlebars which the Volae's don't have.

I'm not too worried about Vision being out of business. I just would like some incite on the bike for those who either have one or have riden one. The other question I have is if I could put 26in. or 559c wheels and tires on it if I want to take it on a longer trip with a little extra gear strapped to it? And, if you can mount an M5 seat to it like the Volae's have?

Thanks for the help,
    dustinm

Tags:

2. Dr. Duk

Dr. Duk New Member

I have a 2002 R-64 Sabre in my stable of Bents. It is a very fast machine with great handling. I installed a set of
    Dura-Ace wheel sets and a pair of Vredestein Fortezza TriComp tires. I increased my mph by 5-6. It is a great match-up.
    I haven't any opinions on the 559's or the M-5 seat. Call the Hostel Shoppe in Stevens Point, Wisconsin and they might be able to answer your questions. They sold the Sabre (where I purchased the Bent) and are the creator of the Volae.

GOOD LUCK !!!!!!

3. R40

R40 New Member

Hi

I have a Vision R40 SWB and i tell ya after a few miles -and i was just sick of it :( First of all the way the seat is set up you really cant get the full power. and the crank is set bad too, mine is a 2002...Also climbing hills they just not that good :(
    Call me a spamer :D But i really fell over hills for this bike Called the Fusion made by Rans http://www.ransbikes.com/ITRFusionEvolution.htm
    This will be my next bike!, might not be the fastest bike out there, i just seem to like how its made ;)
    PS i kick myself over and over not geting a Rans bike, they really good! I know cause my friend has a Rans Rocket and he wops my butt with it! :eek:
    I do very good till i hit hills and then i bonk with the vision!

Tom

4. Dr. Duk

Dr. Duk New Member

:confused: Tom:

The Fusion from Rans is not a true recumbent. It is a hybrid cross between a recumbent and a diamond frame. The R40 Sabre is not the same Bent has a R-64. Totally two different bents in design and function. The R-64 is a great speed Bent with superior climbing ability. It is not a touring Bent so you can't load it down with panniers and alot of gear. It is primarily a diamond frame road bike converted into a recumbent. SPEED, SPEED, SPEED. If you want to purchase a Rans try a Stratus or the new Formula model. They are both on the expensive side but the Status is a great touring bike with optimal speed and the Formula is made for speed to compete with The Bachetta and the Volae models of high wheel racers. Another option you can try on your R-40 is a set of Rotor Cranks. They will improve your performance on whatever Bent you choose to ride. Great Riding and Good Luck in your quest. Dr. Duk