Looking at Cycle-Cross bike to replace Car

danrche

Aug 1, 2011
Hello all,

I'm looking at leaving my car in the driveway and switching to biking exclusively for all travel Monday to Friday. I don't do the weekends b/c I usually take the kids, wagon's, family, etc...

I'm currently ridding a Motobecane 600 HT. I've been riding it to work when weather permits and have lost tons of weight, the wife is liking what she sees. I cant tell you how much I LOVE ridding to work and around town. My thought's though are to switch to a rodie as the speeds are better and can travel longer distances. Currently I'm logging 50 miles round trip to work, and usually do 30- 60 miles on weekends. I'm looking at the Scattante X-330 Cyclocross Bike. I think I'd prefer a cyclocross b/c it's got the screw's on the back of the frame to put in the saddle bag's and such to use as a commuter. Plus the frame is supposed to be stronger and able to take more punishment. The Scattante is a Performance Bike brand, has sora componets (figure after about a year will have to change them). I've never ridden on a rodie before and am hoping the larger tires then street slicks will help with the learning curve.

Any comments/suggestions etc... are welcome

Thanks,
Daniel