looking for 24 inch conti tubulars

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by freddy markham, Aug 24, 2004.

  1. Does anyone know where you can find these tires? I've checked around a
    bit and I'm not having much luck. Hope somebody out there can provide
    a contact.
    Thanks, Freddy

    Tags:

  2. Warren

    Warren Guest

    "freddy markham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Does anyone know where you can find these tires? I've checked around a
    > bit and I'm not having much luck. Hope somebody out there can provide
    > a contact.
    > Thanks, Freddy

    Ruh-ruh. Something tells me "Fast Freddy Markham" has a young-un who is also
    going to go fast.

    -WG

  3. "freddy markham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Does anyone know where you can find these tires? I've checked around a
    > bit and I'm not having much luck. Hope somebody out there can provide
    > a contact.
    > Thanks, Freddy

    What grade of tire are you looking for?

  4. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    > "freddy markham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Does anyone know where you can find these tires? I've checked around a
    > > bit and I'm not having much luck. Hope somebody out there can provide
    > > a contact.
    > > Thanks, Freddy

    > What grade of tire are you looking for?

    I'm trying to remember where I got them. There's only one grade of Conti
    tubular 24" if I remember correctly. They ARE sold someplace because I
    finally found them. But MAN I can't remember where. It was two years ago.

  5. Matt C

    Matt C Guest

  6. "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "freddy markham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Does anyone know where you can find these tires? I've checked around a
    > > bit and I'm not having much luck. Hope somebody out there can provide
    > > a contact.
    > > Thanks, Freddy

    > What grade of tire are you looking for?

    They make a competition GP. You got any around Carl. I know you rode
    enough aero pursuit bikes.

  7. "freddy markham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > "Carl Sundquist" <[email protected]> wrote in message

    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > "freddy markham" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > > > Does anyone know where you can find these tires? I've checked around a
    > > > bit and I'm not having much luck. Hope somebody out there can provide
    > > > a contact.
    > > > Thanks, Freddy

    > > What grade of tire are you looking for?

    > They make a competition GP. You got any around Carl. I know you rode
    > enough aero pursuit bikes.

    It appears that Conti no longer manufactures a 24" racing worthy tubular.
    Not even the Olympic. The only 24" tire they currently make is:

    http://www.conti-online.com/generat...en/reifen/rennrad/saalsport/saalsport_de.html

    and it's for bicycle polo and artistic cycling.

    For pure speed, your best bet would be the 24" Panaracer Rapide at the last
    website the Matt C listed. The rubber on them isn't the grippiest stuff, but
    they wear like iron and are very reliable. It'll be narrower than the Comp
    GP, but if you're going in a straight line, who cares? You can also pump'em
    up to ridiculous pressures w/ confidence, too.

    I actually have a couple of 'em in the garage you can have, never glued
    along with a patched Vittoria Pista CS 24, but they're all at least 6 years
    old. Personally, given their age I wouldn't pump'em much past 100 psi for
    training tires, though.

    You can still get Vittoria Crono CS 24" tubs, too.

    Good luck!