looking for a comfy saddle

MidBunchLurker

May 2, 2003
I'm competing in an 8-day MTB stage race early next year (80-120km per day) and have realised that my current MTB saddle (a lightweight and barely padded 1995 model Titec Ti/Kevlar thing) is not going to be too good for my bum-cheeks :eek: for so many hours of riding.

Hence, I'm looking for a cushier saddle - what are your suggestions? I still want it to be relatively light, and it must have kevlar corners for durability.

TIA.

So to search at this site and key in on BROOKS SADDLE. Go to MOUNTAIN BIKE REVIEW website and do the same.

Have a look at the SLR transam gel from selle italia
its light (185gr) and incredibly comfortable.
I have had it for the last 6 month in replacement of a flite gel.

The flite gel, although on the comfy side, was hurting me on long rides, the slr transam gel does not cause me any trouble any more even in long and muddy conditions (100Km last Saterday).

There are no kevlar corners and the leather on the side is a bit fragile. I scratched it slightly in a fall.

Keep in mind however that the fit-for-all saddle does not exist. The saddle that suits one may not suits the other.

I agree with kokopuffs - a Brooks Saddle is amazing. Go for the Titanium swift. I've got one on my Blur. There is a 100 mile + break-in period. It's expensive but will shape to your bum and last at least 20 years.