Looking for a decent MTB on a tight budget

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by DanMan4142, Apr 15, 2005.

1. DanMan4142

DanMan4142 New Member

Hi, this is my first post here. I am a college student looking for a decent mountain bike, as my 7 year old schwinn is falling apart. I will use the bike for a two mile commute to class and back every day, as well as some lighter trail riding. I cannont afford to spend over $250 for now, and possibly I can upgrade components later on. I know that $250 is not much at all, but I simply cannont afford to spend more with tuition and rent and everything. I looked at the Haro V1 for $230, and it seemed to be an alright bike. Any thoughts on any other bikes or any suggestions? Maybe I could find a used bike for $250 and it would serve me better than a new cheaper one?

Another option I have considered is spending the money to replace all of the components on my schwinn, but it is a rather heavy chromoly frame with a solid front fork, so dont know if that would be a good idea.

If you guys have any input I would appreciate it.
    Thanks alot

Dan

Tags:

2. Muddy Beast

Muddy Beast New Member

ur best bet is ebay...just look around after while u should find a good bike...and if u plan on upgraden later thern just buy a bike with a nice frame...~Scott