Looking for a mountain bike for 250$ or under

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by John2364, May 21, 2003.

  1. John2364

    John2364 Guest

    basicly I am looking to get the most for my money, this includes ebay. I am looking for a bike that
    I can punish a little on trails with out bending the frame or anything. I have an old murray bike at
    home, but I am basicly looking for one step up from the typical consumer bikes that you find in most
    department, and sporting good stores. so far I have seen a fuji on ebay for 225, but I know nothing
    about this brand. I am trying to avoid thoes full suspension bikes that they keep advertising for
    200 or less, like tank, or some brand that starts with an M. I assume that anything that looks that
    flashy, for that cheep, is probably a peice of junk that is only built for looks.

    Tags:

  2. Tacomaboy

    Tacomaboy Guest

    I have a 1997 Specialized Rockhopper rigid CroMo Bike I am asking 150 for... its a good solid bike,
    sold for 450 when new. It has some scratches and one small dent, but its still a very good solid
    bike... pics at http://home.austin.rr.com/jdiaz/bike Lemme know if thats what youre looking for...

  3. Tacomaboy wrote:
    > I have a 1997 Specialized Rockhopper rigid CroMo Bike I am asking 150 for... its a good solid
    > bike, sold for 450 when new. It has some scratches and one small dent, but its still a very good
    > solid bike... pics at http://home.austin.rr.com/jdiaz/bike Lemme know if thats what youre
    > looking for...

    Nice.... 7 speed, Canti's, love the color, totally "retro" You call that a dent!?!?!? shiet that
    aint nothing! Hell the tires look brand new!

  4. Tacomaboy

    Tacomaboy Guest

    Too true, the tires are new actually hehe...

    > Tacomaboy wrote:
    > > I have a 1997 Specialized Rockhopper rigid CroMo Bike I am asking 150
    for...
    > > its a good solid bike, sold for 450 when new. It has some scratches and
    one
    > > small dent, but its still a very good solid bike... pics at http://home.austin.rr.com/jdiaz/bike
    > > Lemme know if thats what youre looking for...
    >

    > Nice.... 7 speed, Canti's, love the color, totally "retro" You call that a dent!?!?!? shiet that
    > aint nothing! Hell the tires look brand new!

  5. Dave Stocker

    Dave Stocker Guest

    <[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:[email protected]...
    > an M. I assume that anything that looks that flashy, for that cheep, is probably a peice of junk
    > that is only built for looks.

    Exactly. You can get a reasonable frame and components if you eschew suspension (both F&R) at this
    price point.

    -Dave

  6. John2364

    John2364 Guest

    ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Tacomaboy wrote:
    > > I have a 1997 Specialized Rockhopper rigid CroMo Bike I am asking 150 for... its a good solid
    > > bike, sold for 450 when new. It has some scratches and one small dent, but its still a very good
    > > solid bike... pics at http://home.austin.rr.com/jdiaz/bike Lemme know if thats what youre
    > > looking for...
    >

    >hmmm I may be intrested, that sounds like a good deal. how much do
    you think shipping would be, and what size is the bike?

  7. Tacomaboy

    Tacomaboy Guest

    > ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Tacomaboy wrote:
    > > > I have a 1997 Specialized Rockhopper rigid CroMo Bike I am asking 150
    for...
    > > > its a good solid bike, sold for 450 when new. It has some scratches
    and one
    > > > small dent, but its still a very good solid bike... pics at
    > > > http://home.austin.rr.com/jdiaz/bike Lemme know if thats what youre looking for...
    > >

    >hmmm I may be intrested, that sounds like a good deal. how much do you think shipping would be, and
    >what size is the bike?

    Yes good questions. I think when I had my other bike shipped from pheonix it was 35 dollars. I am in
    Austin TX, bike and box probably weigh 35 pounds, check www.ups.com. The bike is a 17" frame. I can
    ship either of the seats you see, the narrower one came off of my 2000 Rockhopper FSR.