Looking for a mountain bike for 250$ or under

John2364

Guest
basicly I am looking to get the most for my money, this includes ebay. I am looking for a bike that
I can punish a little on trails with out bending the frame or anything. I have an old murray bike at
home, but I am basicly looking for one step up from the typical consumer bikes that you find in most
department, and sporting good stores. so far I have seen a fuji on ebay for 225, but I know nothing
about this brand. I am trying to avoid thoes full suspension bikes that they keep advertising for
200 or less, like tank, or some brand that starts with an M. I assume that anything that looks that
flashy, for that cheep, is probably a peice of junk that is only built for looks.

I have a 1997 Specialized Rockhopper rigid CroMo Bike I am asking 150 for... its a good solid bike,
sold for 450 when new. It has some scratches and one small dent, but its still a very good solid
bike... pics at http://home.austin.rr.com/jdiaz/bike Lemme know if thats what youre looking for...

Tacomaboy wrote:
> I have a 1997 Specialized Rockhopper rigid CroMo Bike I am asking 150 for... its a good solid
> bike, sold for 450 when new. It has some scratches and one small dent, but its still a very good
> solid bike... pics at http://home.austin.rr.com/jdiaz/bike Lemme know if thats what youre
> looking for...

Nice.... 7 speed, Canti's, love the color, totally "retro" You call that a dent!?!?!? shiet that
aint nothing! Hell the tires look brand new!

Too true, the tires are new actually hehe...

<[email protected]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:[email protected]...
> an M. I assume that anything that looks that flashy, for that cheep, is probably a peice of junk
> that is only built for looks.

Exactly. You can get a reasonable frame and components if you eschew suspension (both F&R) at this
price point.

-Dave

ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Tacomaboy wrote:
> > I have a 1997 Specialized Rockhopper rigid CroMo Bike I am asking 150 for... its a good solid
> > bike, sold for 450 when new. It has some scratches and one small dent, but its still a very good
> > solid bike... pics at http://home.austin.rr.com/jdiaz/bike Lemme know if thats what youre
> > looking for...
>

>hmmm I may be intrested, that sounds like a good deal. how much do
you think shipping would be, and what size is the bike?

> ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Tacomaboy wrote:
> > > I have a 1997 Specialized Rockhopper rigid CroMo Bike I am asking 150
for...
> > > its a good solid bike, sold for 450 when new. It has some scratches
and one
> > > small dent, but its still a very good solid bike... pics at
> > > http://home.austin.rr.com/jdiaz/bike Lemme know if thats what youre looking for...
> >

>hmmm I may be intrested, that sounds like a good deal. how much do you think shipping would be, and
>what size is the bike?

Yes good questions. I think when I had my other bike shipped from pheonix it was 35 dollars. I am in
Austin TX, bike and box probably weigh 35 pounds, check www.ups.com. The bike is a 17" frame. I can
ship either of the seats you see, the narrower one came off of my 2000 Rockhopper FSR.