looking for a new tire.

J5311

Jul 22, 2007
I weigh 272 and dropping..... I ride a trek pilot 2.1 and I've been riding on bontrager race lights. these are nice tired but I get plats waaaayyy too often. I did research and found that they only have a tpi of 60. Now i'm looking for new tires.

continental 4 season tires have a tpi of 430
and Conti. 4000s has 330
and the conti. gator skins have 170.....

I'm looking for the best 700x25 tire and i've come up with these 3. Now I dont ride in the rain or when its cold out and i dont put many miles on the bike. Being a bigger guy should i go with the 4 seasons?

This is my first post but let me just say that it's hard to fault Gatorskins. They are probably one of the best 700c tires out there in terms of puncture resistance and durability. I would recommend them over the GP4000s I currently ride on. GP4000 is probably the most popular tire out there and they are great tires. I just think that at your size, Gatorskins are the way to go.

Which tire did u go with? Im in the range as well and looking for new tires.. Just put a nice hole in my front tire yesterday.

Thanks!

I'm a big fan of the GP4000 All Seasons, even though like you, I don't ride much in the rain. I put one on the rear and have almost 2000 miles on it without a flat.