Looking for a partner to cycle London to Berlin in July/August

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Mareike882, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Mareike882

Mareike882 New Member

Dear cycle friends,
    I am planning to cycle from London / Brighton to Berlin this summer. Dates aren't set in stone yet but I am aiming for July / August. At the moment I don't even have a bike that works properly. I used to go on cycling holidays with approx 50 miles a day (80km) for two weeks largely on flat terrain. I do some running (half marathon) and gym, so have some basic fitness level but am by no means a professional or very sporty cyclist. I was aiming for 50 miles a day but will take it day by day, about three weeks in total. I want to be flexible and not having pre-booked all accommodation. I don't mind camping but would like to have a regular bed and shower too. I think I am not very fuzzy when it comes to food - so am happy preparing some sandwiches but I would also want to enjoy local foods along the way. I am a 31 year old and ideally look for a cycling partner(s) of a similar age. Is anyone keen to join me?
    Look forward to hearing from you.
    Enjoy the spring
    Mareike

Tags:

2. Ollyzeit

Ollyzeit New Member

Hi! How did your search go? I'd love to do this trip this summer, so if you haven't found anyone yet ...

3. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

4. CrowdedHighways

CrowdedHighways New Member

That's almost 1000 km! That would be 12/13 days for 80 km a day, and, since you have done it before, I do not think it should cause you any difficulties, given that you have done it before. Best of luck!

5. Lizel

Lizel Active Member

Oh, that's a very long journey, wouldn't you say? :D