Looking for a Rear of Front Water Bottle Cage Holder

Tumpster

Mar 21, 2008
So I put in a new u-lock and coil and the best spot on my bike to put it without getting in the way was just above the water bottle holder. Needless to say this leaves me without that area for one. Can anyone link me to or suggest a good holder that attaches to either the front bar beneath my handlebars or beneath my seat that won't rest on the wheel? Thanks everyone! First time post and I must say, it's great to be here! :)

Any of the clamp on holders will work, but you run the risk of marring the finish on your bike and corrosion from water getting under the clamp. You could try putting a peice of inner tube under the clamp to protect the finish.

A better solution would be for you to purchase a Camel Back type of hydration system. Go to your LBS and they will know what you are talking about.

There are meny different options as far as saddle mounted mounts go. Go to any decent bike shop or triathlon shop and ask about saddle mounted bottle holders. They usually clamp either to the seat or the post and give you two brackets to mount cages to.

ToffoIsMe said:
There are meny different options as far as saddle mounted mounts go. Go to any decent bike shop or triathlon shop and ask about saddle mounted bottle holders. They usually clamp either to the seat or the post and give you two brackets to mount cages to.
I completely forgot about saddle mounts. If you want to save some money, just put your bottles in the back pockets of your jersey:D .