Looking for a route from The American River Parkway to Davis

Beach Runner

Guest
The American River parkway leading into Savramento is wonderful

Davis is bicycle city.

But how do I cocnnect the Davis to the American River Parkway.

Is there a route from The parkway to Davis, getting easily as safely
through
Sacramento, preference bike trails? (I hate scratching cars when the
run into me and bloodying their
finish.

Much thanks.

Bob

On Jun 1, 5:32 pm, Beach Runner <[email protected]> wrote:
> The American River parkway leading into Savramento is wonderful
>
> Davis is bicycle city.
>
> But how do I cocnnect the Davis to the American River Parkway.
>
> Is there a route from The parkway to Davis, getting easily as safely
> through
> Sacramento, preference bike trails?

Discovery Park --> Jibboom St. bridge --> Tower Bridge --> W. Capitol
--> Yolo Bypass causeway bike lane.

Robert Chung wrote:
> On Jun 1, 5:32 pm, Beach Runner <[email protected]> wrote:
>> The American River parkway leading into Savramento is wonderful
>>
>> Davis is bicycle city.
>>
>> But how do I cocnnect the Davis to the American River Parkway.
>>
>> Is there a route from The parkway to Davis, getting easily as safely
>> through
>> Sacramento, preference bike trails?

> Discovery Park --> Jibboom St. bridge --> Tower Bridge --> W. Capitol
> --> Yolo Bypass causeway bike lane.

I saw that bike lane from the Coast Starlight train last week. I guess
that's the best route, but it sure looked unpleasant to be riding right
next to I-80.

On Jun 2, 2:10 pm, SMS <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Yolo Bypass causeway bike lane.

> I saw that bike lane from the Coast Starlight train last week. I guess
> that's the best route, but it sure looked unpleasant to be riding right
> next to I-80.

No worse than riding across the Dumbarton, or new Bay Bridge path, or
any path they may put on the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge.

"Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| On Jun 2, 2:10 pm, SMS <[email protected]> wrote:
|
| > > Yolo Bypass causeway bike lane.
| >
| > I saw that bike lane from the Coast Starlight train last week. I guess
| > that's the best route, but it sure looked unpleasant to be riding right
| > next to I-80.
|
| No worse than riding across the Dumbarton, or new Bay Bridge path, or
| any path they may put on the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge.

Except that it's probably a bit longer than the Dumbarton Bridge, and even
more monotonous because it's dead-flat. There used to be alternative routes
you could take down below (when the causeway isn't flooded) but a friend
told me they cut off access many years ago because it was anthrax-central
down there. I have no idea if that is, or was, actually true.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

On Jun 2, 11:18 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> | No worse than riding across the Dumbarton, or new Bay Bridge path, or
> | any path they may put on the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge.
>
> Except that it's probably a bit longer than the Dumbarton Bridge, and even
> more monotonous because it's dead-flat. There used to be alternative routes
> you could take down below (when the causeway isn't flooded) but a friend
> told me they cut off access many years ago because it was anthrax-central
> down there. I have no idea if that is, or was, actually true.

Yeah, it's about three miles long. The portion of the Dumbarton bridge
bike access that's directly adjacent to the roadway is about two.

You can hike in the Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area anytime it's not
flooded. They give guided tours to elementary school kids. Which isn't
to say it's not anthrax central -- I guess it just depends on what you
think about elementary school kids.