looking for a WW dessert recipe and WW cookbooks



P

Paul

Guest
Someone had told me about a really good cake recipe that had a diet coke in it. I think it was some
kind of chocolate cake. I do remember him saying it was out of one of the WW books or magazines.
Anyone happen to know which recipe I'm talking about? If so I would love to get a copy of the
recipe. Also, can anyone reccomend a good WW cookbook with the points listed? I know they put out
several books, wanted a good one with fairly easy/quck recipes.

thanks Paul S
 
C

Chris

Guest
"Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> Someone had told me about a really good cake recipe that had a diet coke in it. I think it was
> some kind of chocolate cake. I do remember him saying it was out of one of the WW books or
> magazines. Anyone happen to know which recipe I'm talking about? If so I would love to get a copy
> of the recipe. Also, can anyone reccomend a good WW cookbook with the points listed? I know they
> put out several books, wanted a good one with fairly easy/quck recipes.
>
> thanks Paul S
>
>
>

Very Easy. Take you favorite cake mix, add 1 12oz can of diet soda and no eggs or oil. Bake per the
package directions and viola! Cooing time may be a little longer so keep an eye on it.

My wife makes cupcakes and frosts them with low/no fat Cool Whip. Just count the points for the cake
mix. They can vary widely.

pats favorite combination is white cake with orange soda but I like chocolate cake with diet black
cherry soda.

--
Started Weight Watchers together February 2002: Chris
332.4/184.6/185 Lifetime since 12/13/03 Pat
332.4/185/155 2002 combined loss 139 2003 combined loss 33.2 Total combined 172.2 lbs
 
P

Paul

Guest
So you use diet soda or regular soda? Didn't know if it mattered other than the number of points
for the soda.

thanks paul

> Very Easy. Take you favorite cake mix, add 1 12oz can of diet soda and no eggs or oil. Bake per
> the package directions and viola! Cooing time may be a little longer so keep an eye on it.
>
> My wife makes cupcakes and frosts them with low/no fat Cool Whip. Just count the points for the
> cake mix. They can vary widely.
>
> pats favorite combination is white cake with orange soda but I like chocolate cake with diet black
> cherry soda.
>
> --
> Started Weight Watchers together February 2002: Chris
> 332.4/184.6/185 Lifetime since 12/13/03 Pat
> 198.4/174/155 2002 combined loss 139 2003 combined loss 33.2 Total combined 172.2 lbs
 
M

M'Isa

Guest
> So you use diet soda or regular soda? Didn't know if it mattered other
than
> the number of points for the soda.
>
> thanks paul
>

Most people use diet soda. I think it is merely a "point thing."

~M'isa
 
J

Joyce

Guest
I've used both, diet and regular soda. If you bake the cake in a 9x12 pan and cut it into 12 pieces
- the calories added from using non-diet soda come out to something like 12 per piece - not enough
to raise the point count at all. I've noticed that there is really no difference in taste when using
either version of soda, so usually opt for whatever is in the house at the time.

Joyce

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 03:14:44 -0500, "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote:

>So you use diet soda or regular soda? Didn't know if it mattered other than the number of points
>for the soda.
>
>thanks paul
>
>
>> Very Easy. Take you favorite cake mix, add 1 12oz can of diet soda and no eggs or oil. Bake per
>> the package directions and viola! Cooing time may be a little longer so keep an eye on it.
>>
>> My wife makes cupcakes and frosts them with low/no fat Cool Whip. Just count the points for the
>> cake mix. They can vary widely.
>>
>> pats favorite combination is white cake with orange soda but I like chocolate cake with diet
>> black cherry soda.
>>
>> --
>> Started Weight Watchers together February 2002: Chris
>> 332.4/184.6/185 Lifetime since 12/13/03 Pat
>> 198.4/174/155 2002 combined loss 139 2003 combined loss 33.2 Total combined 172.2 lbs