Looking for AKRONT

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by jtaylor, Jan 26, 2006.

  1. jtaylor

    jtaylor Guest

    Looking for Akront tubular rims to replace the original set on a favourite
    rider.

    Any sources/pointers?

    Tags:

  2. Chalo

    Chalo Guest

    jtaylor wrote:

    > Looking for Akront tubular rims to replace the original set on a favourite
    > rider.
    >
    > Any sources/pointers?

    My suggestion is try something else. To my knowledge Akront have only
    made motorcycle rims for at least a generation.

    Chalo

  3. john

    john Guest

    Hi JT

    I had no idea that Akront had ever made bicycle rims. And I can't
    remember having seen their name / logo on any motorcycle stuff for 20
    yrs. (although my memory isn't all that great). If you have Googled &
    found nothing, I'd say yer outta luck. Gary Nixon rode them didn't he?

    John

  4. john

    john Guest

    Newsgroups: rec.motorcycles.tech
    From: [email protected] (Mike Fleming) - Find messages by this
    author
    Date: 1999/04/20
    Subject: Re: Akront rims
    | Report Abuse

    In article <[email protected]>, "..."
    <[email protected]> writes:
    > Does anyone have the adress of Akront the rim manufacturer.

    They've recently gone bust, though I believe they are going back into
    production. Wheel builders should be able to supply rims if they have
    them in stock, or when they restart production. Which isn't exactly
    the answer you want, but there you go...
    --
    Mike (DF) Fleming MAG #79794 DoD #4446 OT #3 UKMC #9 FAB #10
    GAGARPHOF #6 JKLO #004 KotWP7 RotRotRotKotL

    >From rec.motorcycles.tech; I found this post. Apparently they've gone

    belly up.
    The OP got me to thinking how cool it would be to have a pair of their
    gold rims on a Mt. bike. All I would need to complete the picture would
    be the smell of castor oil, and the deafening roar of an open racing
    exhaust.

    John

  5. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    Chalo wrote:
    > My suggestion is try something else. To my knowledge Akront have only
    > made motorcycle rims for at least a generation.

    Akront rims were only sold on new Zeus bicycles AFAIK.

    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org

  6. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    john wrote:
    >>From rec.motorcycles.tech; I found this post. Apparently they've gone

    > belly up.
    > The OP got me to thinking how cool it would be to have a pair of their
    > gold rims on a Mt. bike. All I would need to complete the picture would
    > be the smell of castor oil, and the deafening roar of an open racing
    > exhaust.

    We have gold anodized Weinmann rims in 559mm. 36 holes only

    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

  7. philcycles

    philcycles Guest

    A Muzi wrote:

    > Akront rims were only sold on new Zeus bicycles AFAIK.
    >
    > --
    > Andrew Muzi
    > www.yellowjersey.org
    > Open every day since 1 April, 1971

    I've seen them on-wait for it-Cresants a long time ago.
    Phil Brown

  8. philcycles

    philcycles Guest