Looking for an all in one bike computer programm

Sidi

Aug 20, 2003
One that tracks miles, altitude gains.......ect....ect....

I am a serious Computer geek and want to use my computer to help me keep track of this stuff.

Anybody have any suggestions?

You'll find a lot of opinion here but I'm very happy with the Hac4 I got this summer. It's software is a little weak as is the translated-from-German-to-English owner's guide, but once you get over the learning curve, you'll find it's a great tool. Especially to track your training on the PC.

It's really designed with the bike in mind, not just a heart rate monitor with bike features as an add on.

If you're REALLY a computer geek, you could help the rest of the cycling community by developing a 3rd party alternative to the stock Hac4 software!

Good luck.

I'm no expert in the world of bicycle software, but I absolutely cannot ride without my Garmin eTrex legend GPS.

It will track distance, speed, altitude, vertical speed, and everything else you can imagine.

The best part is when you're at your PC, you upload data from the GPS on to a map (even topo maps) and you can see where you've ridden. You can evendisplay graphs to show the elevation and rate of ascent/descents.

It certainly comes in handy for mountain biking also; I've used it several times to find my way back when lost. Highly recommended.

check out http://www.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/topo.jsp

Originally posted by JSCORNO
Oh that 's cool!

Oh you have no idea! I save all of my rides to a map of my city and break it out by month! What a motivator! I usally clip the gps to my camelbak or put it in a jersey pocket.

You can now get a handlebar mount for the GPS! Imagine looking at a constantly-updating map of your immediate area as you ride.

The GPS is accurate to 9 feet.

product page:
http://www.garmin.com/products/etrexLegend/

If you're REALLY a computer geek, you could help the rest of the cycling community by developing a 3rd party alternative to the stock Hac4 software!

That's an interesting thought. I am a software developer and would consider looking into this depending upon the amount of time it would require. I am a novice to cycling though and am currently using a Shimano Flight Deck so I would need a lot of input on what would be useful (interface, calculations, reports, tracking, etc.).

Matt

QUOTE]

OK, count me in! I'm a database geek myself.

Originally posted by neilkod
I'm no expert in the world of bicycle software, but I absolutely cannot ride without my Garmin eTrex legend GPS.

It will track distance, speed, altitude, vertical speed, and everything else you can imagine.

The best part is when you're at your PC, you upload data from the GPS on to a map (even topo maps) and you can see where you've ridden. You can evendisplay graphs to show the elevation and rate of ascent/descents.

It certainly comes in handy for mountain biking also; I've used it several times to find my way back when lost. Highly recommended.

check out http://www.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/topo.jsp

I have a Garmin Street Pilot III in my car. I've always been impressed by Garmins quality and their customer service as well! One question though, do they make the Etrex with a heart monitor? LoL!

Feanor