Looking for an ex c-dale tech in OhiO...

Yea, I'm interested. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My email address will work if you reply
to me on this thread. Here it is anyway: [email protected]

"R.White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "OnTheEdge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Ok, let me clarify a little bit. Someone in the thread (maybe below)
said
> > that these flaws usually show up within a year. Well, this was within a
year
> > and is just now getting hot.
>
> I made that comment, however you did say "I have an old SuperV2000 with a DD50 on the front. The
> fork fell out while I was riding and I ended up in shock trauma ...... bad day!"
>
> How new is an "old SuperV"?
>
> I've worked as a mechanic at a shop that sold C-Dales. The shop closed this fall. The head tech is
> still around. Give me some more info such as bike year, how long you've owned it, bought new or
> used. We are in Pa. 101 miles from the Ohio line. If you want to take it to email, let me know and
> I'll give you a valid address.

Yea, I'm interested. you can reply to [email protected]

After we set up some communication lines, I'll give you all the particulars...

"R.White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "OnTheEdge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Ok, let me clarify a little bit. Someone in the thread (maybe below)
said
> > that these flaws usually show up within a year. Well, this was within a
year
> > and is just now getting hot.
>
> I made that comment, however you did say "I have an old SuperV2000 with a DD50 on the front. The
> fork fell out while I was riding and I ended up in shock trauma ...... bad day!"
>
> How new is an "old SuperV"?
>
> I've worked as a mechanic at a shop that sold C-Dales. The shop closed this fall. The head tech is
> still around. Give me some more info such as bike year, how long you've owned it, bought new or
> used. We are in Pa. 101 miles from the Ohio line. If you want to take it to email, let me know and
> I'll give you a valid address.

My CD dealer also lends me tools regularly and also sold me my own when I came to the conclusion
that it would be more convenient. He also loaned me the CD hedshok tech reference when I decided to
take my forks apart to check and lube the bearings. It was too old to even have the lefty in it, but
the procedure was close enough AND it said to use loctite.

The lefy won't come apart without removing 2 snap rings. These don't hold the fork together, they
hold the bearing surfaces in place and the tolerance on the bearings keeps the forks together (I
KNOW, I didn't notice the snap rings and tried everything to get them apart -- then, the shop mech
didn't see them either and he even tried a rubber hammer before calling CD who told him where to
check for the snap rings).

David