Looking for an ex c-dale tech in OhiO...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I'm interested. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My email address will work if you reply
to me on this thread. Here it is anyway: [email protected]

"R.White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "OnTheEdge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Ok, let me clarify a little bit. Someone in the thread (maybe below)
said
> > that these flaws usually show up within a year. Well, this was within a
year
> > and is just now getting hot.
>
> I made that comment, however you did say "I have an old SuperV2000 with a DD50 on the front. The
> fork fell out while I was riding and I ended up in shock trauma ...... bad day!"
>
> How new is an "old SuperV"?
>
> I've worked as a mechanic at a shop that sold C-Dales. The shop closed this fall. The head tech is
> still around. Give me some more info such as bike year, how long you've owned it, bought new or
> used. We are in Pa. 101 miles from the Ohio line. If you want to take it to email, let me know and
> I'll give you a valid address.

Yea, I'm interested. you can reply to [email protected]

After we set up some communication lines, I'll give you all the particulars...

"R.White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Ok, let me clarify a little bit. Someone in the thread (maybe below)
said
> > that these flaws usually show up within a year. Well, this was within a
year
> > and is just now getting hot.
>
> I made that comment, however you did say "I have an old SuperV2000 with a DD50 on the front. The
> fork fell out while I was riding and I ended up in shock trauma ...... bad day!"
>
> How new is an "old SuperV"?
>
> I've worked as a mechanic at a shop that sold C-Dales. The shop closed this fall. The head tech is
> still around. Give me some more info such as bike year, how long you've owned it, bought new or
> used. We are in Pa. 101 miles from the Ohio line. If you want to take it to email, let me know and
> I'll give you a valid address.

My CD dealer also lends me tools regularly and also sold me my own when I came to the conclusion
that it would be more convenient. He also loaned me the CD hedshok tech reference when I decided to
take my forks apart to check and lube the bearings. It was too old to even have the lefty in it, but
the procedure was close enough AND it said to use loctite.

The lefy won't come apart without removing 2 snap rings. These don't hold the fork together, they
hold the bearing surfaces in place and the tolerance on the bearings keeps the forks together (I
KNOW, I didn't notice the snap rings and tried everything to get them apart -- then, the shop mech
didn't see them either and he even tried a rubber hammer before calling CD who told him where to
check for the snap rings).

David

Nicholas & Domino wrote:
> ouch - sorry to hear that story.
>
> I always though the tools weren't available but my mechanic was more than happy to sell me one
> Good luck. The only Cannondale I've broken was replaced in a week thankfully. I hope you have a
> happy resolution.
>
> nick
>
> news:[email protected]... Here's the low down. The Head-Shok is
> about the only thing that supposedly required a Cannondale tech to work on. The tools they use
> were not for sale. There's a lot that goes into it, but the short of it is that the fork unscrewed
> itself from the shock mechanism and it fell out on me and I landed in shock trauma pretty messed
> up. Information was put out to all the techs to Loctite these threads whenever worked on. This
> information never got to
> me. From the factory, there is no Loctite or any other mechanism to ensure that the fork won't
> seperate from the shock. There have been tech bulletins and maintenance schedules written for
> the shock, but that stuff didn't exist when the bike was purchased. In fact, the documentation
> that came with the bike only makes reference to lubricating the needle bearings once a year by
> a C-dale tech. And yes, the bike is very well maintained. I have a couple bikes and maintain
> them on a regular basis. Hope this answers some questions. I can't really go into any more
> depth than what I've already said.
>
>
> "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>What specific design flaw are you contending exists? Unless your bike's head tube was made with
>>weight-reducing paper mache, I'm hard pressed to think of a situation where a properly-maintained
>>bike's fork would just detach itself.
>>
>>Sorry to make light of your situation. Hope you are okay.
>>
>>Chris
>>
>>"OnTheEdge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:D[email protected]...
>>
>>>I need this tech to tell the court what is wrong with this setup. The
>>
>>front
>>
>>>end can fall out and kill someone because of a design flaw.
>>>
>>>"Tim Burgher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>>>I am not a c-dale tech but post more information. This sounds interesting... What exactly
>>>>happened, and why will the tech lose
>
> their
>
>>>job?
>>>
>>>>Tim
>>

Status
Not open for further replies.