Looking for an Indoor Trainer

jwp164

Dec 15, 2010
I've been reading on the forum about indoor trainers that people are looking to get. I've even talked to the local bike shop about what they recommend. I am just looking for reviews and perhaps some recommendations from users.

I am looking at the Giant Cyclotron Auto II, Cyclops Fluid 2 and Kurt Kinetic Road Machine Fluid Trainer.

I've heard the Cyclops Fluid 2 has a tendency to leak, I am not looking for a magnetic trainer, the gentleman at the bike shop said they make it feel like you are pedaling through sand. Most of the reviews rate the Kurt Kinetic pretty high. Price is pretty insignificant, I want to get something nice.

I can find the Auto II around $210, the Cyclops Fluid 2 and Kurt Kinetic Fluid around $310. If the latter 2 are that much better I do not have a problem spending the extra $100 to get superior equipment.

I'm more than happy with my Fluid 2.

Amazon currently have them for $296:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BT7HWY?ie=UTF8&tag=century02-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000BT7HWY

I have a Kurt Kinetic.

I also did some research when I bought mine and the KK seemed to come out on top to me. One selling point is that it is well nigh impossible for the KK trainer to leak unlike other fluid trainers.