Looking for an iPhone App with riding directions

DLDingske

Jul 25, 2013
Hi,

All tools I find are Apps that track your riding.
What I would like to do:
- create my route (e.g. RouteYou, EveryTrail)
- take my bike
- put my iPhone 5 in my back pocket
- track the route
- get GPS instructions on the next turn...
- get notifications when I am off track (optional)

Because I do not want to mount my iPhone5 on my steering wheel... because I do not want to buy an extra Garmin device.

Can somebody point me to the right App / existing GPS application for this?

thanks.

I think mapmyride does this. you can create your own maps but I've never used that feature because I ride familiar routes. Also maybe the maps app will do it if you can get the route correct? That might be difficult.

Mike

MapMyRide does NOT do this. I use it all the time, and while it is great for planning routes and tracking it will not give directions or correct when you are off course. If there is a single app that does this, I would love to know about it too. Right now I run both MapMyRide and Google maps to get much of that functionality. Google maps gives me navigation for my courseWhile MapMyRide tracks my progress. This is a bit clunky as you have to make sure your routes match up, and once you go off Google sometimes gives new directions, messing up a planned route. Also it eats more battery.

Patrick

Well, I am a moron I guess. I tried it today on mapmyride and pcmax is exactly right. With all the functionality these phones have you could have won a lot of money off me earlier today. Maybe I should do my homework first, reply second next time. Checks in the mail lol

(off topic) hey, whats the word about L. Armstrong these days in Austin, Tx he lives there still ? i heard he was going to sell his house ?

"hey, whats the word about L. Armstrong these days in Austin, Tx"

Well...he's got company. Lots and lots of company.

His real estate deals? He's still flippin' houses:

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/realestate/07-07-13-lance-armstrong-buys-former-texas-lt-govs-mansion-five-days-after-selling-castle/

He buys...he sells.

I was ahead of my time. Mapmyride can do this now. Improved Workout Experience The new app will greet you with a 3D interactive map that moves with you during your workout. It includes map pins of what's around you, easy access to music, an updated sensor bar, and configurable workout stats. Btw, Lance keep a lower profile around town these days. Who'd a thunk?