Looking for an Ironman-distance Tri Bike

gunilchung

Guest
Hello,

I'm in the market for a new tri-bike for my first Ironman. I'd love to
have some recommendations from experienced riders. My requirements are:

+ LIGHT. I'm 6'2", 200 lbs (tho working to lose some weight) and the
course is very hilly, so I'd love to have a bike that's as light
as possible.

+ PRICE: My budget is capped at $3K, with all components included.

+ TIMELESS: I'd love to continue to ride this bike for the next 3-5
years before I upgrade to the next one.

The local bike shop recommended the Cervelo P3 or the Guru TriLite. The
former is out of my price range but the TriLite looked good. Anyone
have good/bad experiences with the Guru? Or can someone recommend a
different tribike for a 1st-time Ironman hopeful with aspirations for
more races to come?

Many thanks!

-G

--

Try the cervelo p2k. In your price range and one of the fastest and
lightest tri-bikes around

Chris Dorn wrote:
> Try the cervelo p2k. In your price range and one of the fastest and
> lightest tri-bikes around Chris IM USA '00 IM FLA '02

Hey Chris,

Yeah, I saw the P2K at the bikeshop, and read up on it on-line. The
folks at the bikeshop recommended the Guru TriLite over the P2K, mainly
because of the lighter weight. But I understand that the P2K is an
excellent bike.

Any problems with the P2K in your experience? How is it for long-
distances and hills?

-G