Looking for assistance in the purchase of a new hybrid

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by Traveller1, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Traveller1

Traveller1 New Member

I am new to the forum and it has been several years since I have owned a bike, but that is about to change.

I have been looking at the TREK 7100 & 7200 and also the FISHER TIBURON & Zebrano. I am currently leaning to the Tiburon, but would appreciate any help.

I am 6'2, 210lbs. Will ride approx. 3-4 times a week.
    Thanks for you help!

Tags:

2. danny shep

danny shep New Member

I recently bought a Pinnacle Aurora 2.0 from Evans Cycles for £499 and after making the leap from mountain bikes to hybrids have never looked back. I originally bought it just to commute part of the journey to work but since riding this bike, which is a hell of a lot lighter than my Alpinestars mountain bike, i have started to enjoy cycling so much more and now ride all the way to work which means im covering around 30 miles a day on it during the week and anywhere up to 100 miles on club rides at weekend with my local cycling club.
    I know that the fact i enjoy riding more has made me want to spend more time in the saddle and i have saved myself so much money by using my bike for virtually every journey i make from visiting my girlfriend (which used to cost £10 each way in a taxi) to shopping and obviously going to work (saving me £80 a month on a bus/train pass).
    I would add that despite the fact that my hybrid bike is a major leap forward from a mountain bike i still find myself drawn to road bikes as although i have no trouble keeping up with members of my cycling club on the hills i tend to struggle for pure speed on the flats and have to expend a lot more energy than they do to just maintain my position in the group.
    Hope you find at least some of this info useful.