Looking for Boston area single track.....

Steve Jasper

Guest
Hey there....

I grew up in scituate, but I live in San Francisco now
and am starting to get spoiled on northern california
single track :)

Anyhow, I'm gonna be in cambridge in August for a few weeks
and I'm hoping someone in here can point me to some decent
technical rides...All suggestions appreciated.

P.S. - I'm also happy to give some ideas for SF Bay area
rides (including San Francisco, Marin, the Sierra
Nevada and gold country) for anyone looking for some
ideas for the bay area....

thanks!

"Steve Jasper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hey there....
>
> I grew up in scituate, but I live in San Francisco now and
> am starting to get spoiled on northern california single
> track :)
>
> Anyhow, I'm gonna be in cambridge in August for a few
> weeks and I'm hoping someone in here can point me to some
> decent technical rides...All suggestions appreciated.
>
> P.S. - I'm also happy to give some ideas for SF Bay area
> rides (including San Francisco, Marin, the Sierra
> Nevada and gold country) for anyone looking for some
> ideas for the bay area....
>
> thanks!

Hey Steve,

I'm up in PA. I've found plenty of terrain out here, but am
always up for new suggestions. Got any pearls?

Colin

Steve Jasper says:

>I grew up in scituate,

You poor sap.... ;-)

>Anyhow, I'm gonna be in cambridge in August for a few weeks
>and I'm hoping someone in here can point me to some decent
>technical rides...All suggestions appreciated.

Lynn Woods is close-ish. Harold Parker SF, slightly north-east-
ish from BeanTown. Vietnam, reserved totally for mtb-ing, is
south-west-ish, and fairly close in Milford, MA. (Bought by
NEMBA last year to preserve it for biking)

That should oughta start you out. I'd take VietNam as the
best to start with.

Steve

wampatuck

john

In article
<[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Steve Jasper) wrote:

> Hey there....
>
> I grew up in scituate, but I live in San Francisco now and
> am starting to get spoiled on northern california single
> track :)
>
> Anyhow, I'm gonna be in cambridge in August for a few
> weeks and I'm hoping someone in here can point me to some
> decent technical rides...All suggestions appreciated.
>
> P.S. - I'm also happy to give some ideas for SF Bay area
> rides (including San Francisco, Marin, the Sierra
> Nevada and gold country) for anyone looking for some
> ideas for the bay area....
>
> thanks!
John K. Su mailto:[email protected]
y.edu

"John Su" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> wampatuck
>
> john
>
> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] (Steve Jasper) wrote:
>
> > Hey there....
> >
> > I grew up in scituate, but I live in San Francisco now
> > and am starting to get spoiled on northern california
> > single track :)
> >
> > Anyhow, I'm gonna be in cambridge in August for a few
> > weeks and I'm hoping someone in here can point me to
> > some decent technical rides...All suggestions
> > appreciated.
> >
> > P.S. - I'm also happy to give some ideas for SF Bay area
> > rides (including San Francisco, Marin, the Sierra
> > Nevada and gold country) for anyone looking for
> > some ideas for the bay area....
> >
> > thanks!
> John K. Su mailto:[email protected]
> y.edu

Wompatuck State Park in Hingham, Mass.

http://www.mass.gov/dem/parks/womp.htm

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest I've just wasted.

Depends on what direction from Cambridge you want to travel
?

Womputuck on the south shore

blue Hills - Foxboro SF -- Wrenthem SF to the south

Franklin, - Hale - naouet to the south west

Vietnam , Whitehall, Upton SF , Hopkinton SF , Calahan SF ,
Rayburn to the West

Great Brook Fram , Harold parker SF to the North west

and Lynn Woods to the North

chek www.nemba.org