Looking for Cateye spares (mounts), and some REALLY bright but cheap LED lights.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Jonathan, Dec 9, 2005.

  1. Jonathan

    Jonathan Guest

    My sister's bike got nicked, she had some almost-new Cateye HL-500s on there
    (you know, Halogen Front, LED rear), or at least, they were with her.
    Is there any way of getting spares? The local store doesn't do them, and I
    tried the www.cateye.com website yesterday and today, and it's not been
    working.

    Is there another cateye spares site? Can't find one, not even much luck with
    ebay.

    Also, what's the best (but cheap!) ridiculously bright LED lights these
    days? Now that flashing is legal (oo-er!), I've seen some really visible
    ones going around now. (I've also seen an increase in unlit cyclists, don't
    even start me on that one!)

    Tags:

  2. Pun Krocker

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 14:22:49 -0000, Jonathan wrote...
    > Also, what's the best (but cheap!) ridiculously bright LED lights these
    > days? Now that flashing is legal (oo-er!), I've seen some really visible
    > ones going around now. (I've also seen an increase in unlit cyclists, don't
    > even start me on that one!)

    Not sure if it's "the best" but I like my Electron front 5 L.E.D.
    http://tinyurl.com/99dpl

    --
    d{ô_ô}b PK

    "Some mornings, it's just not worth
    chewing through the leather straps."

  3. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    www.wiggle.co.uk

    www.bonthronebikes.co.uk

    > Also, what's the best (but cheap!) ridiculously bright LED lights
    > these days? Now that flashing is legal (oo-er!), I've seen some
    > really visible ones going around now. (I've also seen an increase in
    > unlit cyclists, don't even start me on that one!)

    It's well worth spending at least this much if you can.........

    Front: www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=1389

    Rear: www.cyclexpress.co.uk/products/Cateye_TL__LD_600_Tail_Light_545.asp

    Of course there are cheaper lights and lights sets on eBay. They may be
    fine but I can't vouch for how good they are. Perhaps it's worth taking a
    chance with one of the sets that includes a Polaris front.

    ~PB

  4. Ian Blake

    Ian Blake Guest

    On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 14:22:49 -0000, "Jonathan" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >My sister's bike got nicked, she had some almost-new Cateye HL-500s on there
    >(you know, Halogen Front, LED rear), or at least, they were with her.
    >Is there any way of getting spares? The local store doesn't do them, and I
    >tried the www.cateye.com website yesterday and today, and it's not been
    >working.

    Most good bike shops have or can get the spares for the lights they
    sell. Cateye spares are definitely available.

    Cateye are distributed by Zyro in this country. www.zyro.co.uk

  5. Mike Causer

    Mike Causer Guest

    On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 14:22:49 +0000, Jonathan wrote:

    > Is there another cateye spares site? Can't find one, not even much luck
    > with ebay.

    http://www.cateye.co.jp/cateye/tlhtml/tlparts.html

    It's in Japanese, but the sizes and part numbers are in normal figures.
    Your LBS should be able to get them through Zyro, although it sometimes
    take a bit of prodding to persuade Zyro that the parts wexist.

    Mike

  6. Phil Cook

    Phil Cook Guest

    Mike Causer wrote:

    >On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 14:22:49 +0000, Jonathan wrote:
    >
    >> Is there another cateye spares site? Can't find one, not even much luck
    >> with ebay.

    >http://www.cateye.co.jp/cateye/tlhtml/tlparts.html
    >
    >It's in Japanese, but the sizes and part numbers are in normal figures.
    >Your LBS should be able to get them through Zyro, although it sometimes
    >take a bit of prodding to persuade Zyro that the parts exist.

    That page is for rear lights. For fronts this page.
    http://www.cateye.co.jp/cateye/hlhtml/bracket.html

    Wiggle have most spares listed. http://tinyurl.com/7hzv4