Looking for Cateye spares (mounts), and some REALLY bright but cheap LED lights.

Jonathan

Guest
My sister's bike got nicked, she had some almost-new Cateye HL-500s on there
(you know, Halogen Front, LED rear), or at least, they were with her.
Is there any way of getting spares? The local store doesn't do them, and I
tried the www.cateye.com website yesterday and today, and it's not been
working.

Is there another cateye spares site? Can't find one, not even much luck with
ebay.

Also, what's the best (but cheap!) ridiculously bright LED lights these
days? Now that flashing is legal (oo-er!), I've seen some really visible
ones going around now. (I've also seen an increase in unlit cyclists, don't
even start me on that one!)

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 14:22:49 -0000, Jonathan wrote...
> Also, what's the best (but cheap!) ridiculously bright LED lights these
> days? Now that flashing is legal (oo-er!), I've seen some really visible
> ones going around now. (I've also seen an increase in unlit cyclists, don't
> even start me on that one!)

Not sure if it's "the best" but I like my Electron front 5 L.E.D.
http://tinyurl.com/99dpl

--
d{ô_ô}b PK

"Some mornings, it's just not worth
chewing through the leather straps."

www.wiggle.co.uk

www.bonthronebikes.co.uk

> Also, what's the best (but cheap!) ridiculously bright LED lights
> these days? Now that flashing is legal (oo-er!), I've seen some
> really visible ones going around now. (I've also seen an increase in
> unlit cyclists, don't even start me on that one!)

It's well worth spending at least this much if you can.........

Front: www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=1389

Rear: www.cyclexpress.co.uk/products/Cateye_TL__LD_600_Tail_Light_545.asp

Of course there are cheaper lights and lights sets on eBay. They may be
fine but I can't vouch for how good they are. Perhaps it's worth taking a
chance with one of the sets that includes a Polaris front.

~PB

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005 14:22:49 -0000, "Jonathan" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>My sister's bike got nicked, she had some almost-new Cateye HL-500s on there
>(you know, Halogen Front, LED rear), or at least, they were with her.
>Is there any way of getting spares? The local store doesn't do them, and I
>tried the www.cateye.com website yesterday and today, and it's not been
>working.

Most good bike shops have or can get the spares for the lights they
sell. Cateye spares are definitely available.

Cateye are distributed by Zyro in this country. www.zyro.co.uk

On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 14:22:49 +0000, Jonathan wrote:

> Is there another cateye spares site? Can't find one, not even much luck
> with ebay.

http://www.cateye.co.jp/cateye/tlhtml/tlparts.html

It's in Japanese, but the sizes and part numbers are in normal figures.
Your LBS should be able to get them through Zyro, although it sometimes
take a bit of prodding to persuade Zyro that the parts wexist.

Mike

Mike Causer wrote:

>On Fri, 09 Dec 2005 14:22:49 +0000, Jonathan wrote:
>
>> Is there another cateye spares site? Can't find one, not even much luck
>> with ebay.

>http://www.cateye.co.jp/cateye/tlhtml/tlparts.html
>
>It's in Japanese, but the sizes and part numbers are in normal figures.
>Your LBS should be able to get them through Zyro, although it sometimes
>take a bit of prodding to persuade Zyro that the parts exist.

That page is for rear lights. For fronts this page.
http://www.cateye.co.jp/cateye/hlhtml/bracket.html

Wiggle have most spares listed. http://tinyurl.com/7hzv4