Looking for "chopper" recumbent examples

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Robert Haston, May 12, 2003.

  1. I want to make a 406/700c recumbent that is styled like a Harley, or low rider bicycles.

    Any images or links for such designs (not conventional upright low riders) would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Russ Price

    Russ Price Guest

    Robert Haston <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I want to make a 406/700c recumbent that is styled like a Harley, or low rider bicycles.
    >
    > Any images or links for such designs (not conventional upright low riders) would be appreciated.

    Well, the Easy Racers bikes, IMHO, have a very Harleyesque look to them, not to mention the Sun EZ
    Sport and EZ Sport Limited (also ER designs).

    The RANS V2 also has that look, especially if fitted with TE handlebars. Also, although it has
    tiller-style handlebars, the Rotator Pursuit has a rather chopper-like appearance, not to mention
    being VERY low-slung.
    --
    Russ Price * [email protected] * kill the wabbit to email 2001 RANS Rocket, WizWheelz
    TerraTrike 3.0+ "But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." -George W. Bush,

  3. someone finally mentions the ReBike 2600, the bent most criticized for being styled after a Harley
    lowrider!!! -----------------------------. "Russ Price" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > Robert Haston <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > I want to make a 406/700c recumbent that is styled like a Harley, or low rider bicycles.
    > >
    > > Any images or links for such designs (not conventional upright low
    riders)
    > > would be appreciated.
    >
    > Well, the Easy Racers bikes, IMHO, have a very Harleyesque look to them, not to mention the Sun EZ
    > Sport and EZ Sport Limited (also ER designs).
    >
    > The RANS V2 also has that look, especially if fitted with TE handlebars. Also, although it has
    > tiller-style handlebars, the Rotator Pursuit has a rather chopper-like appearance, not to mention
    > being VERY low-slung.
    > --
    > Russ Price * [email protected] * kill the wabbit to email 2001 RANS Rocket, WizWheelz
    > TerraTrike 3.0+ "But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." -George W. Bush,
    > Dec. 21, 2001

  4. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
  5. Eddie H

    Eddie H Guest

  6. Having once owned a real chopper, they are not all that great when it comes to turning corners...but
    they are very comfortable...if you overlook the blood leaving your hands from the high Ape bars.
    "Eddie H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If Jesse James built a recumbent it might look like this: (Click the "Recumbent Choppers" button
    > when you get there)
    >
    > http://www.phatcycles.com/index.html

  7. Eddie H

    Eddie H Guest