Looking for "chopper" recumbent examples

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robert Haston

I want to make a 406/700c recumbent that is styled like a Harley, or low rider bicycles.

Any images or links for such designs (not conventional upright low riders) would be appreciated.

Thanks

Robert Haston <[email protected]> wrote:
> I want to make a 406/700c recumbent that is styled like a Harley, or low rider bicycles.
>
> Any images or links for such designs (not conventional upright low riders) would be appreciated.

Well, the Easy Racers bikes, IMHO, have a very Harleyesque look to them, not to mention the Sun EZ
Sport and EZ Sport Limited (also ER designs).

The RANS V2 also has that look, especially if fitted with TE handlebars. Also, although it has
tiller-style handlebars, the Rotator Pursuit has a rather chopper-like appearance, not to mention
being VERY low-slung.
--
Russ Price * [email protected] * kill the wabbit to email 2001 RANS Rocket, WizWheelz
TerraTrike 3.0+ "But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." -George W. Bush,
Dec. 21, 2001

someone finally mentions the ReBike 2600, the bent most criticized for being styled after a Harley
lowrider!!! -----------------------------. "Russ Price" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:xo_va.863647$S_4.883370@rwcrnsc53...
> Robert Haston <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I want to make a 406/700c recumbent that is styled like a Harley, or low rider bicycles.
> >
> > Any images or links for such designs (not conventional upright low
riders)
> > would be appreciated.
>
> Well, the Easy Racers bikes, IMHO, have a very Harleyesque look to them, not to mention the Sun EZ
> Sport and EZ Sport Limited (also ER designs).
>
> The RANS V2 also has that look, especially if fitted with TE handlebars. Also, although it has
> tiller-style handlebars, the Rotator Pursuit has a rather chopper-like appearance, not to mention
> being VERY low-slung.
> --
> Russ Price * [email protected] * kill the wabbit to email 2001 RANS Rocket, WizWheelz
> TerraTrike 3.0+ "But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me." -George W. Bush,
> Dec. 21, 2001

Having once owned a real chopper, they are not all that great when it comes to turning corners...but
they are very comfortable...if you overlook the blood leaving your hands from the high Ape bars.
-------------------------
"Eddie H" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> If Jesse James built a recumbent it might look like this: (Click the "Recumbent Choppers" button
> when you get there)
>
> http://www.phatcycles.com/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.