Looking for commute route from Boronia to Hawthorn

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by WrxAnt, Aug 31, 2006.

1. WrxAnt

WrxAnt New Member

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for suggestions for a route from Boronia/Knox way to Hawthorn (Glenferrie Rd/Burwood Rd).

Basically straight down Canterbury Rd is the most direct route for me by car, but I'm not overly keen on tackling the traffic on Canterbury Rd just yet on my bike.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Ant

Tags:

2. peterlip

peterlip New Member

I haven't tried this route, but how about http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Boronia-2-City until you get to Glenferrie Rd, then head north to Hawthorn (that bit I do know).
    It follows Burwood Hwy for a while, so not sure how safe that would be.

3. WrxAnt

WrxAnt New Member

Thanks for the reply Peter.

Yeah not 100% sure how good burwood hwy would be in peak hour might drive it first and sus it out.

I am contemplating following the bike track that takes me to upto boronia rd mitcham way and then possibly going back streets as much as I can till I find some track.

Quite possibly an adventure for the weekend to see what I can find out there!

Cheers
    Ant

4. peterlip

peterlip New Member

I really don't know many alternatives from Boronia, but it may be worth browsing through www.bikely.com for something.
    If you don't mind a longer ride, you could hop on a bike path from Boronia to Rowville. Then follow my commute (see http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Rowville-to-Hawthorn-under-construction). Definitely a longer ride, probably around 45km for you, but I find it pretty safe.

5. craigdurkee

craigdurkee New Member

Hi there i do a bridge road to knox shopping center daiy commute which is 49km and i go up burwood road, camberwell road then a short time on toorak before it becomes burwood highway then that takes me all the way to knox shopping center

its a bugegr of a ride with masive hills but you should be bale to knock it in about 50 mins

craig
    2007 crx 2

ps i find burwood highway pretty safe as the traffic although fast gives you plenty of clearence and i prefer that side of teh ride to cammberwell road where i got knocked off a few weeks ago with broken ribs bruised hip and fractures bone in shoulder if you want to ride it with me one day give me a buzz

6. peterlip

peterlip New Member

Hang on. 49 km in 50 minutes ????

7. peterlip

peterlip New Member

Oh, got it. 49 km is both ways. 50 minutes is one way (I assume).

8. craigdurkee

craigdurkee New Member

yeah 50 mins of riding one way.....

it takes around 55-60 mins including stopping at lights

craig