Looking for cycle buddies in Maryland

Urbanguy

Jul 26, 2003
I am looking for a cycle buddy who enjoys recreational biking and doesn't mind riding with a beginner. I enjoy riding trails, roads, even some off-road. My endurance has vastly improved. I want to get in shape for long distance biking (i.e. bike trips). I am very close to Annapolis, Baltimore, DC and 30 minutes from the eastern shore - so there are many great opportunities for some excellent rides.

I'm also looking for people to bike with, I live about 25 miles south of Annapolis in Dunkirk. What city do you live in?

Originally posted by YoYo77
I'm also looking for people to bike with, I live about 25 miles south of Annapolis in Dunkirk. What city do you live in?

I live in Bowie. Where's Dunkirk. If it's 25 miles so. of Annap I am guessing your in Southern MD (obviously) in the Deale Chesapeake Beach area. Am I close?

Dunkirk is on rt. 4, it's 10 miles west of Chesapeake Beach. Bowie is about 20 minutes from me, I drive through it everyday going to work. I usually ride my road bike from my home up around Chesapeake Beach and back, it's about a 25 mile loop.

Originally posted by YoYo77
Dunkirk is on rt. 4, it's 10 miles west of Chesapeake Beach. Bowie is about 20 minutes from me, I drive through it everyday going to work. I usually ride my road bike from my home up around Chesapeake Beach and back, it's about a 25 mile loop.

Sorry it took so long for a reply. Busy busy busy ya know! Looking for a new job, working on a p/t job and trying to get my business off the ground at the same time. I haven't been on my bike for two weeks and I feel real bad about it. Tomorrow I am definitely biking again - everyday. I enjoy it too much to get out of the habit. I did bike when I went to the beach. There are trails paralleling the beach and boardwalk. It's great! I always was interested in biking along that area near Chesapeake Beach. It is a nice area.