Looking for Details of the TDF in the Pyrenees this year

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Peter Grange, Apr 19, 2003.

  1. Peter Grange

    Peter Grange Guest

    I'm not going to get my cycle tour in France this year, so I've decided to take a week to watch the
    Tour in the Pyrenees. It'll be the first time I've been at the event. I've got the stages from the
    letour web site, got flight, hotels and car hire (sorry, but I'm not going to keep up with these
    guys any other way..... ) booked. What I need sometime between now and July is some details of where
    the riders are expected to be at what time, how long before that the roads are closed to vehicles,
    any advice on where the good places to watch are, and any tips about things I might not have thought
    of. Obviously I'm interested in the mountain stages, and especially the Tourmalet.

    Can anyone help with any info please, or recommend a good source?

    TIA

    --

    Peter Grange

    (Remove crude spam trap to reply)

    Tags:

  2. Rg

    Rg Guest

    If you watch the tour web site (www.letour.com - and go to the English/US Language version!) they
    will have the precise route, with road numbers and approx times published around late May .... and
    if you are a Palm Pilot user there is a guy who has a great freebie prog for the tour (current
    version has the basic route/stages but, if he does as last year, there will be a fully detailed
    route - look on Handango or PalmPilotGear for it)

    I shall be watching le Tour for 4 or 5 days in the first week .... including the Team Time Trial day
    when you get to see a bit more than the peloton zooming past in the usual 42 seconds or so!

    RG

    "Peter Grange" <[email protected]_THISplgrange.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm not going to get my cycle tour in France this year, so I've decided to take a week to watch
    > the Tour in the Pyrenees. It'll be the first time I've been at the event. I've got the stages from
    > the letour web site, got flight, hotels and car hire (sorry, but I'm not going to keep up with
    > these guys any other way..... ) booked. What I need sometime between now and July is some details
    > of where the riders are expected to be at what time, how long before that the roads are closed to
    > vehicles, any advice on where the good places to watch are, and any tips about things I might not
    > have thought of. Obviously I'm interested in the mountain stages, and especially the Tourmalet.
    >
    > Can anyone help with any info please, or recommend a good source?
    >
    > TIA
    >

    > --
    >
    > Peter Grange
    >
    > (Remove crude spam trap to reply)

  3. Peter Grange

    Peter Grange Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, RG <[email protected]> writes
    >If you watch the tour web site (www.letour.com - and go to the English/US Language version!) they
    >will have the precise route, with road numbers and approx times published around late May .... and
    >if you are a Palm Pilot user there is a guy who has a great freebie prog for the tour (current
    >version has the basic route/stages but, if he does as last year, there will be a fully detailed
    >route - look on Handango or PalmPilotGear for it)
    >
    >I shall be watching le Tour for 4 or 5 days in the first week .... including the Team Time Trial
    >day when you get to see a bit more than the peloton zooming past in the usual 42 seconds or so!
    >
    >RG
    >

    >"Peter Grange" <[email protected]_THISplgrange.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> I'm not going to get my cycle tour in France this year, so I've decided to take a week to watch
    >> the Tour in the Pyrenees. It'll be the first time I've been at the event. I've got the stages
    >> from the letour web site, got flight, hotels and car hire (sorry, but I'm not going to keep up
    >> with these guys any other way..... ) booked. What I need sometime between now and July is some
    >> details of where the riders are expected to be at what time, how long before that the roads are
    >> closed to vehicles, any advice on where the good places to watch are, and any tips about things I
    >> might not have thought of. Obviously I'm interested in the mountain stages, and especially the
    >> Tourmalet.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help with any info please, or recommend a good source?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> Peter Grange
    >>
    >> (Remove crude spam trap to reply)

    Thanks for the info, I didn't realise the letour site got more details as time went by. I'll check
    out the Palm software too, as I have a Palm Pilot. Enjoy the bits of the tour you see, I'm going
    down to Toulouse on the 18th July, returning on the 24th.