looking for good bicycle repair shop in London

ray-ez

Aug 10, 2005
Hi,

I'm looking for a good, reasonably priced bicycle repair shop (aren't we all?!) in London (preferably in South London, I live & work between SE5 & SW18)? Can anyone recommend one?

I'm looking for either a complete service, or perhaps just a chain & cassette replacement. Evans charge £50 plus parts for a complete service, so I thought of going to a LBS, but I'd like to go to one that has been recommended, as they probably vary greatly in quality & price.

Thanks if you can help,
Ray

ray-ez said:
Hi,

I'm looking for a good, reasonably priced bicycle repair shop (aren't we all?!) in London (preferably in South London, I live & work between SE5 & SW18)? Can anyone recommend one?

I'm looking for either a complete service, or perhaps just a chain & cassette replacement. Evans charge £50 plus parts for a complete service, so I thought of going to a LBS, but I'd like to go to one that has been recommended, as they probably vary greatly in quality & price.

Thanks if you can help,
Ray
FW Evans is as good as any and now has branches all over the place. The original shop near Waterloo Station is still there, is this Sarf enuff for ya?

Don Shipp said:
FW Evans is as good as any and now has branches all over the place. The original shop near Waterloo Station is still there, is this Sarf enuff for ya?

Cheers, deffo sahf enuff for me. Have you used them? How do you think they're prices compare to LBSs?

ray-ez said:
Cheers, deffo sahf enuff for me. Have you used them? How do you think they're prices compare to LBSs?
I do use Evans for service and quality but I won't pretend they're cheap. They offer discounts to CTC and other official cycling groups, and have sales, offers and bargain bins so you can be lucky sometimes.
To save money use a mail-order company like Spa or internet like wiggle.com

This is late I know but... I'd go to South Bank Cycles on Wandsworth road SW8, the guys there are friendly and will almost certainly do a deal that will match or beat any cycle shop (even Brixton Cycles up the road).
:)

I have used Evans in the past - but they are pretty expensive....

When I can deal with the problems myself, I now take my bike to The Bike Shop, Lee High Road, SE13 (near lewisham) - 02088526680

They're pretty good, and not too costly.

Marc