Looking for good racing bike gloves

Bob in CT

Guest
I have some gloves, mainly for mountain biking. However, these don't help
racing biking as much, as I tend to sit on the brake hoods longer on my
racing bike. Can anyone recommend a good pair of gloves for those times I
ride my racing bike? Thanks!

--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply

TeoSport. The glove's padded section has spaces so when you close your hand
around the bar the sections join but do not bunch up.

Bruce

Bob in CT wrote:
> I have some gloves, mainly for mountain biking. However, these don't
> help racing biking as much, as I tend to sit on the brake hoods
> longer on my racing bike. Can anyone recommend a good pair of gloves
> for those times I ride my racing bike? Thanks!

I had a hard time finding gloves that I liked, as gloves are a very personal
thing. About the only pair of normal, 1/2 finger cycling gloves I've found
that I like are the new generation Specialized Body Geometry gloves. The
padding used to be too thick, but they thinned it out this year, and now I
love them.

Regards,
H.

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:31:40 GMT, Bruce Frech <bfrech@no_spam_verizon.net>
wrote:

> TeoSport. The glove's padded section has spaces so when you close your
> hand
> around the bar the sections join but do not bunch up.
>
> Bruce

Thanks, Bruce. I'll check these out.

--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 23:28:37 GMT, HardwareLust <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bob in CT wrote:
>> I have some gloves, mainly for mountain biking. However, these don't
>> help racing biking as much, as I tend to sit on the brake hoods
>> longer on my racing bike. Can anyone recommend a good pair of gloves
>> for those times I ride my racing bike? Thanks!

> I had a hard time finding gloves that I liked, as gloves are a very
> personal
> thing. About the only pair of normal, 1/2 finger cycling gloves I've
> found
> that I like are the new generation Specialized Body Geometry gloves. The
> padding used to be too thick, but they thinned it out this year, and now
> love them.
>
> Regards,
> H.

Thanks, I'll look into these. I have several varieties of gloves, but
they seem to be better for for mountain biking.

--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply

Bob in CT wrote:

> Thanks, I'll look into these. I have several varieties of gloves, but
> they seem to be better for for mountain biking.

Actually, until I found those Specialized gloves a couple of months ago, I
usually wore my full finger MTB gloves while on my road bike.

Yes indeed, it looked goofy, and they made my hands sweat in the summer, but
at least my hands (especially my thumb!) didn't hurt.

Regards,
H.

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 19:06:25 GMT, HardwareLust <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bob in CT wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, I'll look into these. I have several varieties of gloves, but
>> they seem to be better for for mountain biking.

> Actually, until I found those Specialized gloves a couple of months ago,
> usually wore my full finger MTB gloves while on my road bike.
>
> Yes indeed, it looked goofy, and they made my hands sweat in the summer,
> but
> at least my hands (especially my thumb!) didn't hurt.
>
> Regards,
> H.

I've actually thought about doing that, as I have some nice gloves for
mountain biking (I even have the kind for twist-shifters, where the thumb
and one finger are completely covered but the other three fingers are only
half covered -- hmmm; maybe I should try these?). The worst set I have
has padding only near the outside of the hands. These are terrible for my
racing bike, although they're not bad for the mountain bike.

--
Bob in CT
Remove ".x" to reply