Looking for hills in N. Illinois

In article <[email protected]>, jeverett3
@earthlink.DEFEAT.UCE.BOTS.net says...

> Todd, as you may recall (since I've stopped by your shop a couple of times) I actually do leave
> Chicagoland every so often. Also, as I've trained on and raced the Cedar Point course you'll know
> I've done the hills on Creek Road and N2550. Also the climb out of Utica on the Pumpkin Pie Ride.
>
> However, for the past couple of years I've spent a week each summer cycling in the Colorado
> Rockies (Summit County). Your area (Peru, La Salle) has a few bumps by comparison. BTW, same for
> you, Rick Onanian. I spent a week cycling in Rhode Island last summer and found a few upgrades,
> but no hills I'd call significant.

When the max elevation in the entire state is about 700 ft, and that's the top of the landfill, the
steep hills are very short, and the long ones are very gradual. Do enough reps on a short 12-14%
hill, though, and you can still get a pretty good workout in. There are at least 2 that steep within
a short riding distance from my house, and another one only about half an hour away by bike.

--
Remove the ns_ from if replying by e-mail (but keep posts in the newsgroups if possible).

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 07:47:07 -0500, David Kerber
<ns_dkerber@ns_ids.net> wrote:
>> >Don't get rid of them all, though Rick; otherwise, how would I ever drop you? <GGGG>
>>
>> Headwind. Although, with my new aerobars... ;)
>
>And the aerobelly? Fat chance! It's gotta be hills or I'm toast.

That's right...we're not just talking about parts here, we're talking about an integrated system.

Okay, I hope not integrated; that could get painful.
--
Rick Onanian

> >> Headwind. Although, with my new aerobars... ;)
> >
> >And the aerobelly? Fat chance! It's gotta be hills or I'm toast.
>
> That's right...we're not just talking about parts here, we're talking about an integrated system.

Yep; between the aerobars and aerobelly, a head wind would probably make you go faster, not
slower <BFG>.

--
Remove the ns_ from if replying by e-mail (but keep posts in the newsgroups if possible).