Looking for hybrid with ammo-fork and Alfine hub

DeniDoman

Aug 11, 2012
Hi! I'm looking for bike like CUBE Cross Pro (http://www.cube.eu/en/tour/cls/cross-pro/) but with internal gear hub Shimano Alfine 8 (or 11). Price: 1000 - 1500$.

I will use this bike for touring and light cross-country. But roads in my country are not very good, so, i really need amo-fork.

About internal-gear hub. I ride are not extremely, so 8(11)-speed will be enough. But i'm tired of changing the chain and cassette every 1000-1500km. I'm use much less than 27 speeds, so that the cassette wears out more quickly. So, i want internal gear hub.

Unfortunately, most of the bike with internal hub hasn't amo-fork. Moreover, the bikes with internal hub have a very "heavy" geometry, in which it is difficult to lift the front wheel.

In general, it's problem for me to finde a bike like CUBE Cross Pro, but with Alfine rear hub and singlespeed front system. Maybe anyone know bikes (< 1500$) with cross-country geometry, amo-fork and alfine hub?

P.S. Sorry for my English.

Alfine hubs come with a quick release so it might not be as hard to change a flat as with a nexus hub which is very very complicated. They also are available with disk brake fittings.

Allthough how easy it is to change gears with them (even when the bike is stationary) maybe this would matter much on a touring bike, since there are not that many traffic lights when touring. They are pretty heavy too.

Some frames that are available with internal gear hubs dont have fittings for standard deraileur systems so it might be difficult to change the system later. They also require different spacing between the chain and seat stays.

Its also very very hard to repair a hub like that. On the other hand they dont seem to brake that often.

If you mean a fork with suspension I have seen bikes with internal hubs and suspension forks.

Reactions: DeniDoman