Looking for local wheelbuilder - Los Angeles

Dave

Guest
I've got a boutique low spoke-count wheel that was bad out of the box
and I'd like to have it rebuilt locally by a skilled wheelbuilder using
a high-quality tensiometer.

Any recommendations?

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I've got a boutique low spoke-count wheel that was bad out of the box
>and I'd like to have it rebuilt locally by a skilled wheelbuilder using
>a high-quality tensiometer.
>
>Any recommendations?

Yeah. Send it to Peter Chisholm, at Vecchio's, in Boulder, Colorado.

I know that's not what you asked, but it's likely what I'd do.

Shipping is pretty cheap. Quality is irreplaceable.

Just my $0.02.

Dave Benoff writes:

> I've got a boutique low spoke-count wheel that was bad out of the
> box and I'd like to have it rebuilt locally by a skilled
> wheelbuilder using a high-quality tensiometer.

I think you should look at more qualifications than the tools the shop
uses. I'm sure there are shops that have a tensiometer that is kept
on hand just in case someone asks. That doesn't assure you of
anything. Besides, I'm not convinced that some of the more common
instruments give accurate readings other than about +-30 lbsf.

Jobst Brandt

Dave wrote:
> I've got a boutique low spoke-count wheel that was bad out of the box
> and I'd like to have it rebuilt locally by a skilled wheelbuilder using
> a high-quality tensiometer.
>
> Any recommendations?

What part of El Lay?

If you're out east, I'd talk to Steve at Open Road Bicycles in Pasadena
or one of the mechanics at Montrose Bike Shop in Montrose.

Jeff