Looking for Low Price on Roubaix Pro

OCRoadie

Oct 5, 2004
I am looking to get a new Specialized Roubaix Pro in the near future. Does anyone have any good On-Line stores they can recomend? I have seen some people on this site saying they paid $3400 for this bike, where are those deals? Also, any feedback on this bike would be appreciated. I am looking for a bike that can keep up in the crits and time trials but also take me the distance in double centuries. Thanks for your help.:D

OCRoadie said:
I am looking to get a new Specialized Roubaix Pro in the near future. Does anyone have any good On-Line stores they can recomend? I have seen some people on this site saying they paid $3400 for this bike, where are those deals? Also, any feedback on this bike would be appreciated. I am looking for a bike that can keep up in the crits and time trials but also take me the distance in double centuries. Thanks for your help.:D
You have decided on the correct bike for speed and comfort. I rode lots of bikes before upgrading to a Roubaix Pro. The acceleration is great, and I haven't been taken on a hill yet.

I paid $3200 about three weeks ago at my lbs. Unfortunately, they are so popular, that most specialized dealers indicate they could sell every one they had if they had any 2004 leftovers (which mine was), and the 2005 have not quite hit the shops yet. I love this bike!!

If you haven't found one yet, Bell Cycles in Miami Florida has a frameset for a little over 1k. I built mine for about 3k, using the components that best suit the terrain here. I spent a bunch of time finding light weight stuff on Ebay and checking Weightweenies.Com.

awiner said:
OCRoadie, call Wheel World in Woodland Hills, CA. (818) 224-2044. Last time I was in there they had some 2004 Pro's and were expecting to get some more that might go on a sale promotion. http://wheelworld.com/site/intro.cfm

Worth checking.

I don't think you can buy specialized online from a dealer.