Looking for Mag Wheels...

jamakraken

Sep 20, 2009
I just picked up an old Ross 10-speed from my girlfriend's dad this summer and I've been slowly tweaking it to make it my own. The next addition is (hopefully) some sweet 3-spoke wheels, but the trouble is finding them. The only ones I can find are extremely expensive carbon fiber Corima's and Chinese knockoffs only available for wholesale. Does anybody know of any cheaper, possibly more colorful options?
Thanks guys (and gals).

jamakraken said:
I just picked up an old Ross 10-speed from my girlfriend's dad this summer and I've been slowly tweaking it to make it my own. The next addition is (hopefully) some sweet 3-spoke wheels, but the trouble is finding them. The only ones I can find are extremely expensive carbon fiber Corima's and Chinese knockoffs only available for wholesale. Does anybody know of any cheaper, possibly more colorful options?
Thanks guys (and gals).

I've never seen such a thing.

jamakraken said:
I'd attach a pic but the site stalls or tells me I have an invalid URL when I try to.

Hi there

can you try saving the photo to your computer and uploading it using the choose file function.

View attachment 11049

regards

jamakraken said:
OK thanks Steve, it worked this time. Here it is...

Wheels like that come in carbon fiber or carbon fiber, and they're not cheap. An alternative would be Aerospokes which can be painted any color you like and can be had on eFlay for a song or two:

aerospoke_carbon_weave11-495x477.jpg

mccainskidnz02.jpg

alienator said:
Wheels like that come in carbon fiber or carbon fiber, and they're not cheap. An alternative would be Aerospokes which can be painted any color you like and can be had on eFlay for a song or two:
/QUOTE]

Thanks for the alternative ideas. I just stumbled upon a company in Texas that makes what I'm looking for called Nimble (Nimble.net), but they don't have pricing listed (some sort of warehouse fire) so I'll post it when I know for anyone else who may be interested.