Looking for Massage Oil Recipe

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Pierider, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Pierider

    Pierider Guest

    I have long lost the recipe for a massage oil I used to mix up. It contained oil of wintergreen,
    mineral oil, witch hazel, and maybe some other ingredient. Anybody know of it and know the ratio of
    ingredients?

    Pierider

    Tags:

  2. Why not just use some almond oil? It is available at some supermarkets. Almond oil is probably the
    best massage oil out there. It will not burn out under hand pressure, does not stink and will not
    cause any kind of sensitivity reaction. One application usually will last for an entire 45 minute
    massage period.

    Bruce

    "Pierider" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have long lost the recipe for a massage oil I used to mix up. It contained oil of wintergreen,
    > mineral oil, witch hazel, and maybe some other ingredient. Anybody know of it and know the ratio
    > of ingredients?
    >
    > Pierider

  3. Oil type:

    1 Part ass nuggets 3 parts almond oil

    More mud bath type:

    3 parts ass nuggets 1 part almond oil

    Rope

    "Pierider" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have long lost the recipe for a massage oil I used to mix up. It contained oil of wintergreen,
    > mineral oil, witch hazel, and maybe some other ingredient. Anybody know of it and know the ratio
    > of ingredients?
    >
    > Pierider

  4. Phantom6

    Phantom6 Guest

    I use 3 parts glycerin, 1 part mineral oil, 1 part rosemary oil extract in extra virgin olive oil,
    with a drop or two of tea tree oil. Don't worry the smell goes away quickly.

    Wes

  5. "phantom6" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > I use 3 parts glycerin, 1 part mineral oil, 1 part rosemary oil
    extract in
    > extra virgin olive oil, with a drop or two of tea tree oil. Don't worry the smell goes away
    > quickly.

    What does the glycerin do?

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged