Looking for multi-day rides in US Southeast in July



Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Captain Dondo

Guest
It looks like I'll have about a week in July to do some riding. I'm looking for a good multi-day
ride - something like BRAG, but BRAG is in June and probably won't fit my schedule.

I'll probably be able to take the second or third week.

Thanks,

-Dondo
 
M

Mike Vermeulen

Guest
>It looks like I'll have about a week in July to do some riding. I'm looking for a good multi-day
>ride - something like BRAG, but BRAG is in June and probably won't fit my schedule.
>
>I'll probably be able to take the second or third week.

My issue of Adventure Cyclist magazine arrived and lists many organized July 2003 events, but only
CAM in the southeast (if Maryland counts as southeast):

Bicycle tour of Colorado - July 20-26 http://www.bicycletourcolo.com

Cycle the Divide - July 12-18 http://www.adventurecycling.com

Ragbrai - July 20-26 http://www.ragbrai.org

Maine Lighthouse tour - July 3-10 http://www.canamwheelers.com

Coast Tour Maine Wheels - July 13-18 http://www.coastaltour.com

Cycle Tour Across Maryland - July http://www.onelesscar.org

Michigander - July 12-18 http://www.railtrails.org/mi

WAM - July 24-27 http://www.wishmich.org

MS Tram - July 27-August 1 http://www.mstram.com

Cycle Montana - July 19-25 http://www.adventurecycling.org/tours

Bon Ton Roulet - July 20-26 http://www.bontonroulet.com

Cycling the Erie Canal - July 6-13 http://www.nypca.org/canaltour

Fany Ride - July 20-26 http://www.fanyride.com

Pedal PA - July 12-19 http://www.pedalpa.com

Cycle Washington - July 26-August 1 http://www.adventurecycling.org

Tour de Wyoming - July 20-25 http://www.cyclewyoming.org

I've also used sites such as http://www.biketour.com and http://www.nbtda.com to search for
organized tours.

You could also do your own self-supported ride during that time. Gives you the freedom to go when
and where you want to ride.

--mev, Mike Vermeulen http://www.fietstocht.com
 
A

Art Murphy

Guest
Captain Dondo <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> It looks like I'll have about a week in July to do some riding. I'm looking for a good multi-day
> ride - something like BRAG, but BRAG is in June and probably won't fit my schedule.
>
> I'll probably be able to take the second or third week.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Dondo

Ol' Man River Tour Jul 12, 13 9 AM Reelfoot Lake Airpark Also known as the Tour of Three States,
this ride begins at Reelfoot Lake Airpark (look way up in the Northwest corner of Tennessee). We'll
meet there at 9 a.m. and ride north to Hickman, Kentucky where we'll stop for coffee and then cross
the Mississippi on the Hickman ferry. We'll regroup on the Missouri side and ride to New Madrid for
lunch, noting the levees that contain the Mississippi River. After lunch, we'll continue on to
Sikeston where the Day's Inn will welcome us with showers and an indoor pool. For dinner, we'll head
to Lambert's, home of the "throwed"rolls where the dining experience is truly unique. The return
trip on Sunday leaves at about 8:30 a.m. and takes us through East Prairie and back across the big
river to Reelfoot Lake. Call the Days Inn (573)471-3930 to reserve your room. Call Ed Jones
(901)374-0582 to let him know you are coming.

Grins, Art
 
C

Captain Dondo

Guest
On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 12:50:58 -0500, Art Murphy wrote:

>
> Ol' Man River Tour Jul 12, 13 9 AM ? Also known as the Tour of Three States, this ride begins at
> Reelfoot Lake Airpark (look way up in the Northwest corner of Tennessee). We'll meet there at 9
> a.m. and ride north to Hickman, Kentucky where we'll stop for coffee and then cross the
> Mississippi on the Hickman ferry. We'll regroup on the Missouri side and ride to New Madrid for
> lunch, noting the levees that contain the Mississippi River. After lunch, we'll continue on to
> Sikeston where the Day's Inn will welcome us with showers and an indoor pool. For dinner, we'll
> head to Lambert's, home of the "throwed"rolls where the dining experience is truly unique. The
> return trip on Sunday leaves at about 8:30 a.m. and takes us through East Prairie and back
> across the big river to Reelfoot Lake. Call the Days Inn (573)471-3930 to reserve your room.
> Call Ed Jones
> (901)374-0582 to let him know you are coming.
>
> Grins, Art

Where exactly is Reelfoot Lake Airpark? Yahoo's mapper can't find it.

-Dondo
 
A

Art Murphy

Guest
Captain Dondo <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Where exactly is Reelfoot Lake Airpark? Yahoo's mapper can't find it.
>
> -Dondo
Hello: Reelfoot Lake Airpark is exactly at: 36 29'N-89 21'W; which is west of Reelfoot Lake,
Tennessee.

Directions: Take Hwy 412 from I-40 at Jackson North to Dyersburg and Hwy 78 North from Dyersburg to
Tiptonville OR take Hwy 22 from I-40 to Union City and Tiptonville.

There is a map at http://www.state.tn.us/environment/parks/reelfoot/direct.htm

I hope this helps, Art
 
Status
Not open for further replies.