Looking for new, fast tires (gravel and tarmac, dry)

Łukasz Tkacz

Jan 16, 2019
Hello, I'm looking for new gravel tires for my CX bike (used also as road bike and gravel). I use Gravelkings Mud/AC 700x35c now and there are very nice, but want something faster for spring. Will ride most of bad quality tarmac and gravel, 99% of time on dry conditions.
Tubeless is not important for me - probably will use with tubes (really don't like mess). Also, I'm pretty light rider (about 70 kg / 154 lbs)
Max size is something about 700x37c (because of frame limitation).

What I already tried:
  • Gravelkings SK 700x35c - very nice, light, very fast and with great grip on gravel. Drawbacks: lack of comfort... I think this rubber is very hard. Also, they can "catapulte" small rocks and hit frame.
  • WTB Riddler 700x37c - nice, with a lot of comfort and nice grip, but slow, also, terrible tire quality (curve when use tubes), definitely not like them
  • WTB Exposure 700x34c - very, very fast and enough for gravel but also, terrible tire quality - never ever WTB
  • Continental Cyclocross Speed 700x35c - very fast, very light, nice grip, but "like paper" - a lot of flats

What I'm thinking about:
  • IRC Boken 700x36 - expensive, not light, but many people said it's very good choice... maybe worth to try?
  • Continental Terra Speed 700x35c - not sure... similar to Schwalbe G-Ones, but probably more durable

What can you recommend?