looking for new mountain bike 600 - 850

nismo driver

Aug 31, 2004
my rockhopper was stollen teh end of last summer, it was just the base model 05 rockhopper but it was a great bike, there where things i didnt like about it that i planned on upgrading but since im in teh mrket for a new bike now ive been trying to decided..

the contenders are"

haro v5 - seems to have the best components for the money but un sure of the ergos and ride handling have ridden my friends older v3 and it was pretty good just didnt feel like the rockhopper i was used to.. not sure about the manitou axel elite fork with no lock out or adjustability.

rockhopper comp disc - RockShox Tora 318 SL fork seems to have better features then the haro's manitou but seems to be the only better component, other pro is previous experiance with rock hopper was good i liked the ergos but doesnt deliver as much product for the price as competitors..

marin b-17 or hawk hill se - either model has similer compnonets to the cona cinder cone..

kona cinder cone - im not very familar with the kone bikes, i can egt a cinder cone at a decent price but have no experiance with sram components..

gary fisher - they have so many models in that price range i have no idea what would suite me best..

soo many choices please help

16 views no replies?

heres another option, the more i consider my local options for trails, ringwood state forest, ramapo mountain, hartsworth, lake miniwaska, hunter mountian, plattekill ect all with in reasonable riding distance, i drive by ramapo mountain on skyline drive onteh way home for work..

any way getting back on track im leaning toward a entry level full suspension xc bike that i can up-grade as i brake or can afford it so im looking at the jamis dakar sport..

i have a wheeler .....................

no probs with it they have a good range at decent price