Looking for new tires

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Donald Specker, Jun 12, 2003.

  1. I've been riding Axial Pro's for a while and would like to try another type. The Axial Pro's are
    good, but the 700x23's seem more like 25's in reality. I'm also 200 lbs and find that it's hard to
    get them pumped up to the point where the rear tire doesn't squish out a bit (I'm currently
    inflating to 120 or so). They seem to lose the strength in the sidewall as they age, but that may be
    true of all tires.

    I'd also like something that might go with the wild Open Pro citron yellow/green rims I have. All
    black works, but green or red stripes might also be compatible.

    Thanks!

    Tags:

  2. Harris

    Harris Guest

    Donald Specker <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I've been riding Axial Pro's for a while and would like to try another type. The Axial Pro's are
    > good, but the 700x23's seem more like 25's in reality. I'm also 200 lbs and find that it's hard to
    > get them pumped up to the point where the rear tire doesn't squish out a bit (I'm currently
    > inflating to 120 or so). They seem to lose the strength in the sidewall as they age, but that may
    > be true of all tires.

    At 200 lbs, something wider than 23mm is a good thing. My experience is that Michelins are usually
    very close to their advertised width. Did you measure them with a caliper?

    > I'd also like something that might go with the wild Open Pro citron yellow/green rims I have. All
    > black works, but green or red stripes might also be compatible.

    Ugh.

    Art Harris