Looking for new trails

T_blood

Guest
Is anyone here located around Frankfurt Germany? I'm looking for some new spots to ride and am open
for some recommendations.

T_Blood wrote:
> Is anyone here located around Frankfurt Germany?

Erm, I'm a bit further north...

I'm looking for some new
> spots to ride and am open for some recommendations.

I think if you have the option to travel, then you have quite a lot of options open to you.
Heidelberg is supposed to have some good stuff. There's bits around Kaiserslautern too, I believe,
and the Eifel region.

> T_Blood wrote:
> > Is anyone here located around Frankfurt Germany?
>
> Erm, I'm a bit further north...
>
> I'm looking for some new
> > spots to ride and am open for some recommendations.
>
> I think if you have the option to travel, then you have quite a lot of options open to you.
> Heidelberg is supposed to have some good stuff. There's bits around Kaiserslautern too, I believe,
> and the Eifel region.

Yeah..I have heard that Heidelberg has some nice riding, maybe I try to get down there one day. I
was hoping to find someone with experience in the Taunus mountains. I trained in them with the
military but that was before I had gotten into biking so I was never on the lookout for good riding
areas. There is a club in Frankfurt, maybe I just drop them a line. Thanks dude...Mike

> Is anyone here located around Frankfurt Germany? I'm looking for some new spots to ride and am
> open for some recommendations.

I'm a little West/South near Worms. I've done some riding south of Darmstadt, lots in the HD area,
explored some around Wiesbaden and Kaiserslautern.

You should be carefull about riding in Germany though.

Trails in Baden-Württemberg smaller than 2 meters are "nicht gestattet." That means closed to
mountain bikes. Be happy for that. It was considered (and is) a victory that the initiative to
ammend the law forbidding riding on anything smaller than 3.5 meters was rejected.

As to riding in the state of Hessen: "Radfahren im Wald ist nur auf festen Wegen gestattet." That
means trails that a truck can drive on.

See http://www.dimb.de/dimbarchiv/sitesdimb/dimbgesetze.html for the laws on riding in Germany. Use
google for a translation if necessary.

Pretty much anything technical is verboten in Germany if the Forster is nearby and in a bad mood.
Singletrack is generally only allowed on private land.

Also, Hikers in HD are assholes. If you go there, don't ride on a weekend after 10-11 am.

Shoot me an email if your interested in searching out some stuff either up in your area or
down here.

nk

notaknob wrote:

> You should be carefull about riding in Germany though.
>
> Trails in Baden-Württemberg smaller than 2 meters are "nicht gestattet." That means closed to
> mountain bikes. Be happy for that. It was considered (and is) a victory that the initiative to
> ammend the law forbidding riding on anything smaller than 3.5 meters was rejected.
>
> As to riding in the state of Hessen: "Radfahren im Wald ist nur auf festen Wegen gestattet." That
> means trails that a truck can drive on.
>
> See http://www.dimb.de/dimbarchiv/sitesdimb/dimbgesetze.html for the laws on riding in Germany.
> Use google for a translation if necessary.
>
> Pretty much anything technical is verboten in Germany if the Forster is nearby and in a bad mood.
> Singletrack is generally only allowed on private land.

Well, that would explain why the trails in the Hoch Sauerland Kreis were ****...

I'm mostly riding on private land, so I think I'm ok - I've certainly
seen other riders and tyre tracks on the local trails from time to time.
That will form part of my 'ignorance' defence if it ever happens :)