Looking for old chin-ring bolts - UK

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Iain, May 18, 2003.

  1. Iain

    Iain Guest

    . The bike's over 30 years old and is missing a chain-ring bolt. My local bike shop (who sold the
    bike back in the '70s!) is unable to help beyond telling me that I'm looking for
    - 3 bolts for old TA 3-arm chainset.

    Can anyone help, please?

    Thanx.

    Iain.

    Tags:

  2. Jt

    Jt Guest

    "Iain" <FatBlokeOnBike @ mother-truckers.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > . The bike's over 30 years old and is missing a chain-ring bolt. My local
    bike shop (who
    > sold the bike back in the '70s!) is unable to help beyond telling me that
    I'm looking for
    > - 3 bolts for old TA 3-arm chainset.
    >
    > Can anyone help, please?
    >
    > Thanx.
    If you are in or near Oxford try Bragg's in Abingdon- they have (had) loads of old little bits.

  3. "jt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Iain" <FatBlokeOnBike @ mother-truckers.co.uk> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > .
    <snip>

    > > Thanx.
    > If you are in or near Oxford try Bragg's in Abingdon- they have (had) loads of old little bits.

    Don't bother - Bragg's closed down last year!

  4. Iain

    Iain Guest

    . Alas, while their website is still up, their telephone is unobtainable and directory enquiries has
    nothing for them. Can you suggest anything else? (Or are you in their area?)

    Yooors,

    Iain.

    On Mon, 19 May 2003 21:33:43 -0300, "jt" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Iain" <FatBlokeOnBike @ mother-truckers.co.uk> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> . The bike's over 30 years old and is missing a chain-ring bolt. My local
    >bike shop (who
    >> sold the bike back in the '70s!) is unable to help beyond telling me that
    >I'm looking for
    >> - 3 bolts for old TA 3-arm chainset.
    >>
    >> Can anyone help, please?
    >>
    >> Thanx.
    > If you are in or near Oxford try Bragg's in Abingdon- they have (had) loads of old little bits.

  5. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > If you are in or near Oxford try Bragg's in Abingdon- they have (had)
    loads
    > >of old little bits.

    "Iain" <FatBlokeOnBike @ mother-truckers.co.uk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Alas, while their website is still up, their telephone is unobtainable and
    directory
    > enquiries has nothing for them. Can you suggest anything else? (Or are you in their area?)

    I made a shaper to cut the chainrings out to the standard size after we sold the last bolts.:
    http://www.yellowjersey.org//photosfromthepast/SHAPER.JPG

    It was an easy tool to make